10-05-2016 04:01 PM
486 ... 1617181920
tools
    And the last time that anyone had an Android security issue was????? Yeah. I don't know either
    After Lenovo and Superfish, they must have a higher standard than others.
    07-31-2016 11:50 AM
    Went and played with both today at Verizon. Droid Force felt better in hand to me, the Z just felt too thin in hand. Like the added weight and thickness the force had to it. Both phones looked solid though, too bad the force will never come out unlocked. Not going to get the Z just to have to get a huge battery pack to last the day.
    I am very interested to feel a Z with battery in hand. For me the wearing out of batteries drives me nuts since I use my phone's 2+ years.
    07-31-2016 11:55 AM
    I am very interested to feel a Z with battery in hand. For me the wearing out of batteries drives me nuts since I use my phone's 2+ years.
    These are my worries also, I fear the battery might wear out quickly since the mods charges them all the time as opposed to acting like a true external battery. Although, verteater seems to have explained it in detail in one of the threads here
    07-31-2016 12:38 PM
    as opposed to acting like a true external battery. Although, verteater seems to have explained it in detail in one of the threads here
    I don't think on phones an external USB battery is any different. For batteries it is the number of charge cycles that matters. So if you slap a battery mod on the back you are doing a cycle. If you plug into the wall, a cycle. A USB battery, a cycle. For me it is 1+ years out when the internal battery is toast, a new battery mod and your power longevity should be improved.
    07-31-2016 12:46 PM
    These are my worries also, I fear the battery might wear out quickly since the mods charges them all the time as opposed to acting like a true external battery. Although, verteater seems to have explained it in detail in one of the threads here
    It's Veteater, not Verteater, and the mod can act as both an external battery/the phone has an inclusive 4,820mAh battery or as a charging source. Kellex from Droid life apparently doesn't understand that. What a downer of a tech blogger. The battery won't wear out any faster than it normally would, unlike a phone relegated to a standard battery case.
    areyes163 likes this.
    07-31-2016 04:10 PM
    Why would a phone internal battery using a battery case wear out slower?
    07-31-2016 04:55 PM
    I said that a phone using a standard battery case that simply charges the phone and never stops will have a faster degrading battery than this Moto Z.
    08-01-2016 12:39 PM
    I said that a phone using a standard battery case that simply charges the phone and never stops will have a faster degrading battery than this Moto Z.
    Veteater - do you know if there is any way to customize the efficiency mode of the battery mod? I'd rather the mod kick in at something other than 80%.
    08-01-2016 06:48 PM
    I kind of expected a lot more chatter on here from people who have picked up the phone. Not to much going on in the entire Z forum. Maybe not selling that well among the forum tech types.
    08-01-2016 08:13 PM
    I kind of expected a lot more chatter on here from people who have picked up the phone. Not to much going on in the entire Z forum. Maybe not selling that well among the forum tech types.
    Alot of people waiting on the Nexus and Note announcements. I'm loving my Z Droid Edition! Damn phone is freakishly thin!
    cbreze likes this.
    08-01-2016 09:39 PM
    I think for me that is one of the best features is the size. I have large hands and for me it fits comfortably. When I heard the Announcement of these phones I thought for sure I would get the Force. But once I got to hold them I'm store the Z felt great in the hand for me. Battery life has been pretty good for my usage. I have been averaging about 3 hours of screen time. That's pretty standard for me even with the 7 edge, OP3, HTC 10 And others. And with the battery mod and the fact I'm almost always near a charger I have zero complaints as of now.
    05GT likes this.
    08-01-2016 09:47 PM
    You are getting 3hrs of screen time with z or force?
    08-01-2016 10:07 PM
    ^ His comments seem to indicate the Z, not the Force. 3 hours would be very low for the Force.
    08-01-2016 10:19 PM
    That's correct the Z not the force
    08-01-2016 11:27 PM
    Went to see them at a Verizon store tonight. They are huge. Held one up next to the htc10 and the screens are the same size but then you realize how much bezel the moto z has. It was thoroughly unimpressive how the Verizon demo software kept bombing. The people there didn't even know there was a difference between z and force.

What I was trying to get a sense of was z/force w/ mod weight. That I had a hard time judging. Debating on waiting for the next Nexus... Arg.
    08-02-2016 12:34 AM
    Uh, maybe that's because the HTC10 screen is 5.2", and the two droids are 5.5"? I agree the bottom chin is too big and capacitive buttons would at least use that space.
    08-02-2016 12:41 AM
    The Z actually has a better body to screen ratio than the HTC 10, but that does have dual front speakers. The Force is slightly worse, because of its shatter shield construction.
    08-02-2016 01:01 AM
    Double post.
    08-02-2016 01:02 AM
    The Z actually has a better body to screen ratio than the HTC 10, but that does have dual front speakers. The Force is slightly worse, because of its shatter shield construction.
    Thought the HTC 10 had a front speaker that's in the same position as the Z and a second speaker on the lower edge of the phone.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-02-2016 01:19 AM
    It does, but I'll still give them credit for two speakers.
    08-02-2016 07:52 AM
    The 10 does have two speakers one on the front and one on the bottom. But I find the front speaker on the Moto Z louder myself. Still would have been nice though if the Z had dual front speakers but I'm fine without. I don't use the speakers that often anyway.
    08-02-2016 10:18 AM
    Veteater - do you know if there is any way to customize the efficiency mode of the battery mod? I'd rather the mod kick in at something other than 80%.
    It depends on battery level. If you turn on efficiency mode and your phone is less than 80%, the mod will charge the phone to 80% and the phone stays there by simply using the mod as it's power source until it drains. If your phone is 80-99%, the phone will charge to 100% and the phone stays there, again by simply using the mod as it's power source instead of the internal battery. If you are already at 100%, then the phone will simply use the mod as its power source no matter what setting it's used on. The mod works similarly to an adaptive fast charger, like Motorola's own turbo charger, where the phpne charges, then once at 100%, the phone simply starts using the charger as its power source instead of the internal battery... only the mod doesn't charge very fast. But because the phone uses the mod's battery when at 100%, the mod can therefore be used as an extension of the phone's battery, so it's as if you have a 4,820 mAh battery instead of a case or pack that simply charges the phone.
    08-02-2016 04:57 PM
    ^^^^ all the stars. Great post. Thank you.
    08-02-2016 05:00 PM
    In hand, the chin felt as big as my turbo 2... because it's exactly the same size. It is large, and about as big as that of an iPhone, but at least the other bezels are small. The Z actually was nice to hold because of how light and thin it is, even if the edges are a wee bit sharp. Unless this year's nexus is substantially better than the Z, I might just go for a Z. Price differences are mixed by trade in deals I get for being a long time customer of Verizon, although updates of any kind will be slow due to that. But again, that's a might, not for sure. So we shall see.
    08-02-2016 05:02 PM
    Neither have dual front speakers. The Z has a front speaker, and the 10 has a front speaker (tweeter) and a large bottom speaker (woofer). Both have fingerprint scanners at the bottom; the 10 has more top bezel, the Z has more bottom bezel, and the 10 has slightly more side bezel, because it's a smaller device and it can. So it just about balances out, both have about a 72% screen-to-body ratio.
    08-02-2016 05:05 PM
486 ... 1617181920