Anyone getting a Moto Z?

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Price will be huge, along with the price of the mods. We already know that updates won't be good. They really need to get their service to a basically decent level. The stories of people's issues with the MX Pure have been quite poor.

Veteater

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Price will be huge, along with the price of the mods. We already know that updates won't be good. They really need to get their service to a basically decent level. The stories of people's issues with the MX Pure have been quite poor.
The price of the Moto z outright will probably be about $500. Price of the mods is semi-reasonable, other than the projector. Updates might get better given that Motorola has more stability within itself than it did in 2015, or might stay the same. Same deal with customer service. Stories of peoples' problems with customer service have indeed been damning.

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I hope you're right on all accounts. I see the force version in the $625-675 range. I'll need some Verizon promo deals to consider upgrading from a MXPE.

Veteater

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
I hope you're right on all accounts. I see the force version in the $625-675 range. I'll need some Verizon promo deals to consider upgrading from a MXPE.
I hope I am right. Things do seem like they are beginning to air towards the positive end, as Motorola's position as a sub-company under Lenovo seems more seated and secure, especially in contrast to last year, when it was apparent that Lenovo was far away from figuring out what the hell they would do with motorola, so that's that. The force will probably be anywhere between $600 and $650 outright, if I had to guess.

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm just going to keep posting in this thread until we actually get some real news. How much more will people be willing to pay for the Force? How much better will the camera really be? Will the shatter shield screen this year not be as dim as last year's? Maybe with the Force one would be willing to go without insurance? So many questions, no answers.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm just going to keep posting in this thread until we actually get some real news. How much more will people be willing to pay for the Force? How much better will the camera really be? Will the shatter shield screen this year not be as dim as last year's? Maybe with the Force one would be willing to go without insurance? So many questions, no answers.

Don't forget to guess a price.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=689015

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
If I get one I'm leaning towards the Force Droid one - I think they could do anything with prices. Probably won't see more than $700 but not expecting super cheap either.

Veteater

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Pricing of the Moto G⁴ and G⁴ plus was just released, and the G⁴ 16GB starts at $199, while the 32GB is $229. The Moto G⁴ plus is $249 for the 16GB 2GB RAM model, and the 64GB 4GB RAM model is $299. This gives a good forecast of what we will see for the Moto Z series pricing wise. I'm guessing the soon to be announced Moto Z play will be about $349, standard Z will probably be $449 for the 32GB variant and $499 for the 64GB. As for the Z force... I think the price will probably be $599-$649 for 32GB variant, and $649-$699 for the 64GB variant.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Pricing of the Moto G⁴ and G⁴ plus was just released, and the G⁴ 16GB starts at $199, while the 32GB is $229. The Moto G⁴ plus is $249 for the 16GB 2GB RAM model, and the 64GB 4GB RAM model is $299. This gives a good forecast of what we will see for the Moto Z series pricing wise. I'm guessing the soon to be announced Moto Z play will be about $349, standard Z will probably be $449 for the 32GB variant and $499 for the 64GB. As for the Z force... I think the price will probably be $599-$649 for 32GB variant, and $649-$699 for the 64GB variant.

There will be no 16GB models of the Moto Z.

ggrr8t

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Re: Anyone getting one?

Absolutely. Ask anyone what version of Android they're using and I bet most couldn't tell you. The relatively few people on here that are not going to buy the Z will hardly affect sales. The blind masses will happily snap up this phone after going into a Verizon store and being shmoozed into buying it.
Agreed. A good % of the people going into the store are steered to a product. They may have a phone in mind but if the salesperson wants to sell them a different phone the customer will walk out with a different phone, and it "will be the best phone made". They will be so glad they got that salesperson to school them and "give them a deal"

Veteater

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Agreed. A good % of the people going into the store are steered to a product. They may have a phone in mind but if the salesperson wants to sell them a different phone the customer will walk out with a different phone, and it "will be the best phone made". They will be so glad they got that salesperson to school them and "give them a deal"
True.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
If only most of these were offered in a carrier store that would help. I get it won't happen since carriers will want to muck it up with bloat but .. It would help sales. It is a double edge sword.

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
They need a good trade in promotion for droid owners of the Maxx and Turbo 1 especially because of non existent or very slow software updates but I won't hold my breath.

Veteater

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
A Droid Turbo running Marshmallow just got wifi certification, so that points to signs of the OG turbo getting its marshmallow update soon.

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, and last year they offered a pitiful $100 off to droid Maxx owners towards a T2. Many days late and many dollars short. Those timely security updates on the MXPE, non-existent also. There is very good reason why people are not happy with Moto and are skeptical. And yet they still retain enough special qualities to interest some of us.