08-02-2016 02:14 PM
34 12
tools
    don·gle
    ˈdäNGɡəl,ˈdôNG-/
    noun
    noun: dongle; plural noun: dongles

a small device able to be connected to and used with a computer, especially to allow access to wireless broadband or use of protected software.
    07-25-2016 08:47 PM
    I do listen to my headphones and charge my phone at the same time. But that wouldn't keep me from getting this phone.
    07-26-2016 12:22 AM
    That's a good Def Leppard song!

No excuse on the Force since much thicker than other devices that have it. Adding the 3.5MM jack would actually cost less than including the adapter, so from a cost point and the fact they will lose sales due to this (no rational person could say they will gain sales) makes zero business sense unless trying to Apple before Apple. It will be funny if the Apple phones have one

You can not charge this device, so the option is to use Bluetooth headphones. That is okay for some, but another expense (for good sounding Bluetooth) and more bulky for ear buds and another thing to keep charged. I think Moto messed up and will regret this. The device pricing also will hurt the attach rate of mods, so another regret to add.

Love my MXPE though Apparently the Z has a same trait as the MXPE. It runs hot with high resource apps and the battery drains fast. Like the MXPE, it is apparently a great device for light to medium users, but a hot potato for heavy app users. Thin isn't always good, but marketing teams seem to push it anyway. I blame the media 100%
    07-27-2016 08:46 AM
    I use and love my bluetooth headphones so I'm not concerned. Even my new car is going to have bluetooth audio connection.
    08-01-2016 08:01 PM
    I have zero technical issues about the dongle. I'm not afraid of losing it because of the loop they include - it won't accidentally disconnect from your buds.

My only concern isn't "it's something to lose or break," but "it's something to REMEMBER." Say you're traveling for business, and you forgot your headphones. Before, buy any set of earbuds at almost any store, including most non-restaurants even in an airport, and you'll get by. Now? You're SOL, dude, because you're not finding a set of USB-C buds in a pinch.
    08-01-2016 10:37 PM
    I have zero technical issues about the dongle. I'm not afraid of losing it because of the loop they include - it won't accidentally disconnect from your buds.

My only concern isn't "it's something to lose or break," but "it's something to REMEMBER." Say you're traveling for business, and you forgot your headphones. Before, buy any set of earbuds at almost any store, including most non-restaurants even in an airport, and you'll get by. Now? You're SOL, dude, because you're not finding a set of USB-C buds in a pinch.
    More likely to find some bluetooth earbuds, but that'll be a bit harder to find, and of course will cost more. For now. I picked up some bluetooth earbuds from Amazon for something like $13 a few weeks ago. The quality is reasonable - they're great for mowing.
    08-02-2016 10:05 AM
    Most use bluetooth and so this is a non-issue for the vast majority of users.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-02-2016 01:42 PM
    Most use bluetooth and so this is a non-issue for the vast majority of users.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Most? This seems like an overstatement, but I'll keep an open mind. Does this just match your personal observation? Because mine would be exactly the opposite - I see wired (often white) earbuds all the time during my commute on the subway in a major metro area -- many, many people looking at and listening to devices, practically all of them wired.
    08-02-2016 02:10 PM
    Most? This seems like an overstatement, but I'll keep an open mind. Does this just match your personal observation? Because mine would be exactly the opposite - I see wired (often white) earbuds all the time during my commute on the subway in a major metro area -- many, many people looking at and listening to devices, practically all of them wired.
    Seems like all my immediate family have wire headphones (guess we are cheap) but almost everybody I work with have Bluetooth headphones. But I agree, that is still far from most!
    08-02-2016 02:14 PM
34 12