No Thanks Verizon - Too much bloat on the Moto Z

somnambulator

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
3 month necro- but with the, IMO, failure of the Pixel announcement I'm back to exploring my VZW options. Price isn't a concern since work will cover the tab, but it must allow me to turn on mobile hotspot with an unlimited data plan. VZW loves to **** with the MHS app to disable it for those still on grandfathered unlimited data. carrier unlocked/unbranded phone = MHS works. Verizon-branded means it doesnt. Can anyone confirm that's true here?

I'd rather not have to root and replace the MHS app to get it working and then wait for new versions of the app every time a (rare) OTA is available.

hotshotazn

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
3 month necro- but with the, IMO, failure of the Pixel announcement I'm back to exploring my VZW options. Price isn't a concern since work will cover the tab, but it must allow me to turn on mobile hotspot with an unlimited data plan. VZW loves to **** with the MHS app to disable it for those still on grandfathered unlimited data. carrier unlocked/unbranded phone = MHS works. Verizon-branded means it doesnt. Can anyone confirm that's true here?

I'd rather not have to root and replace the MHS app to get it working and then wait for new versions of the app every time a (rare) OTA is available.

Confirmed works for me. Corporate data plan though. We have unlimited data.