Anyone getting the Moto Z Force instead of the Z?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
If history repeats itself you be better off holding out till the 4th quarter when Moto releases their flagship version of the summer model

Posted via the Android Central App

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Verizon, like others, has really good Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales. Unfortunately, they're often only available for new customers.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't be surprised to see them give away a mod during black Friday and Christmas. Not project but the different backs or maybe a battery pack.

wonderbread

Jan 10, 2010
Visit site
If history repeats itself you be better off holding out till the 4th quarter when Moto releases their flagship version of the summer model
Please do tell what history you're referring to. I doubt another Verizon Moto phone will roll around in Nov/Dec.

Verizon, like others, has really good Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales. Unfortunately, they're often only available for new customers.
I purchased my Droid Turbo 64G on black Friday for $50 with a smartphone trade-in. I've been a customer since 2001.

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
^ I'm happy for you. In general cellular companies traditionally have their best deals for customers that are switching from another provider.

Bosgarage57

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Depending on price I will most likely be trading in my LG G4 for the Z force. Everything about it looks nice and I'm scared my G4 is going to mess up like a lot of launch days have.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm still torn. I don't think I need a monster battery for my daily but I feel like the camera on the Force will be noticeably and significantly better than the regular Z.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
The Force is the obvious choice. But will it come from Motorola directly in the fall?

Direct from Motorola won't matter to me since it won't be compatible with Verizon.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Hopefully they've improved the screen over the DT2.

What didn't you like?
The issue I have is that its plastic and scratches easily. I know I can add a screen protector but I hate them and haven't used one since the Droid X. Gorilla glass has improved so much since then I never found the need for a protector and I've never shattered a screen.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm still torn. I don't think I need a monster battery for my daily but I feel like the camera on the Force will be noticeably and significantly better than the regular Z.

I'm not big on phone cameras but I would not settle for the Z because of the battery or camera differences. I suppose if it was just the battery, it might not be as big an issue, but I just think I would have buyers remorse getting less, especially if the difference is only 100 dollars. I guess it's best to wait and see it in person to get a feel for it.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
what makes you think that? other variants of turbo/maxx turbo2/x pure work on verizon.

Sorry.. there will no "Pure Edition" that will work on Verizon.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm not big on phone cameras but I would not settle for the Z because of the battery or camera differences. I suppose if it was just the battery, it might not be as big an issue, but I just think I would have buyers remorse getting less, especially if the difference is only 100 dollars. I guess it's best to wait and see it in person to get a feel for it.

If the price difference is within $100, I'd get the more expensive Force.

quantum tao

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
Sorry.. there will no "Pure Edition" that will work on Verizon.

well that sucks. would have been so much easier than hoping for a root exploit so i could actually update my verizon phone.