07-20-2016 10:56 PM
40 12
tools
    LMAO. This is hilarious. Bad question, blown up on the internet.

Why I love my job.

No, it's not LAUNCHING with N. Of course it will GET N later.

BLOGBLOGBLOGBLOGBLOGBLOGBLOG.
    Ry and Fret Madden like this.
    06-11-2016 08:31 AM
    Since the Droid versions are exclusive to Verizon, even if you are on Sprint, you would have to buy it from Verizon. Does Verizon even sell phones to people who won't be using it on their network? Since Verizon and Sprint are CDMA, and the unlocked versions are not CDMA.
    06-12-2016 02:14 PM
    Since the Droid versions are exclusive to Verizon, even if you are on Sprint, you would have to buy it from Verizon. Does Verizon even sell phones to people who won't be using it on their network? Since Verizon and Sprint are CDMA, and the unlocked versions are not CDMA.
    There won't be a model that works with Sprint.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition
    06-12-2016 02:44 PM
    What's surprising about this is that the G4 Plus will have 4 carrier compatibility. Perhaps the verizon contract says that motorola can only release one 4 carrier unlocked phone per cycle?
    06-16-2016 12:25 PM
    What's surprising about this is that the G4 Plus will have 4 carrier compatibility. Perhaps the verizon contract says that motorola can only release one 4 carrier unlocked phone per cycle?
    The regular G4 and G4 Play will also be compatible with all four carriers.

06-16-2016 01:52 PM
    You can buy Verizon phones elsewhere without a contract.

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-19-2016 03:19 AM
    My AT&T Note 5 got MM Friday so I think they are actually the worst with regards to rolling out updates.
    06-28-2016 09:33 AM
    Was told the Z was too thin to include both GSM and CDMA. Although probably some politics at play, too.
    06-28-2016 01:25 PM
    Verizon and Sprint need to get their @sses in gear and have VoLTE on all phones, so they can eliminate the old CDMA system and convert it to LTE. With that being said, the rest of them also need to finish their VoLTE roll-outs so GSM can go away. Then all that will matter with phones is which Bands they are capable of working on.
    07-08-2016 10:10 AM
    Verizon and Sprint need to get their @sses in gear and have VoLTE on all phones, so they can eliminate the old CDMA system and convert it to LTE. With that being said, the rest of them also need to finish their VoLTE roll-outs so GSM can go away. Then all that will matter with phones is which Bands they are capable of working on.
    ..pretty sure that's on the roadmap.

07-08-2016 04:39 PM
    Was told the Z was too thin to include both GSM and CDMA. Although probably some politics at play, too.
    Problem with this theory is that the Droid versions will have GSM and CDMA radios, as all Verizon phones are sold unlocked and compatible with GSM 2G/3G networks.

07-13-2016 01:49 PM
    Problem with this theory is that the Droid versions will have GSM and CDMA radios, as all Verizon phones are sold unlocked and compatible with GSM 2G/3G networks.

What's the source of this statement? Is it verified? By whom?

Asking because here is the part of the specs from Moderator Ry:

Bands (by model)
    CDMA (850, 1900 MHz)
    GSM / GPRS / EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)
    UMTS / HSPA+ (850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz)
    4G LTE (B2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 13)

The key words here seem to be "by model."
    07-18-2016 08:14 PM

What's the source of this statement? Is it verified? By whom?

Asking because here is the part of the specs from Moderator Ry:

Bands (by model)
    CDMA (850, 1900 MHz)
    GSM / GPRS / EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)
    UMTS / HSPA+ (850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz)
    4G LTE (B2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 13)

The key words here seem to be "by model."
    Not sure if you are trolling or serious, but the specs you've quoted indicate that the phone is fully compatible with GSM 2G/3G networks.
    07-20-2016 04:03 PM
    No, I'm not trolling. I posted my questions because member happasaiyn posted:

This seems to give different information than your post.

Being able to use my phone during international travel is very important to me & would probably make-or-break my decision to get a Moto Z, as much as I love everything else about it.
    07-20-2016 05:54 PM
    No, I'm not trolling. I posted my questions because member happasaiyn posted:

This seems to give different information than your post.

Being able to use my phone during international travel is very important to me & would probably make-or-break my decision to get a Moto Z, as much as I love everything else about it.
    The specs you posted (which I confirmed on the Motorola website as being correct) tell us the phone is compatible with GSM 2G and 3G networks. Be careful however, as the phone will only get LTE when the network you are using supports one of the above LTE bands. Outside of the US, this will not be likely, but you can check with whatever network you are planning on using.

What this means in layman terms is that phone calls and SMS should work fine with any GSM network, but you will likely have to deal with slower data connections depending on the GSM network.

07-20-2016 10:56 PM
40 12