Do this fat fingered man a favor and return to me the physical keyboard. This phone seems like the perfect candidate for old men like me that prefer physical over touch screens. A modular interface will allow for the option.
    06-09-2016 11:18 PM
    Do this fat fingered man a favor and return to me the physical keyboard. This phone seems like the perfect candidate for old men like me that prefer physical over touch screens. A modular interface will allow for the option.
    There's nothing to stop anyone from making a keyboard module.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition
    06-09-2016 11:20 PM
    There's nothing to stop anyone from making a keyboard module.

Nothing except start up costs and possibly a lack of enough of a market to support the effort

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-11-2016 11:19 AM
    Nothing except start up costs and possibly a lack of enough of a market to support the effort

Same with LG's Friends.

06-11-2016 11:56 AM
    My desire for a physical keyboard has nothing to do with the fatness (or lack thereof!) of my fingers. I just hate having to give up so much screenspace to the virtual keyboard. The old sliding keyboards were great; they slid from the underside and the entire screen was still available for use.

I'll be watching this phone. If anyone ever makes a mod with a physical keyboard even half as good as the old Droid 4's, I'll just pass them my bank account information and let them help themselves.*

-S'Cipio

*Not really, but I'd pay a very hefty price.
    07-14-2016 09:47 PM
    I'm trying to picture it. I guess it have to snap in place and then work off a hinge. I have a zagg keyboard that does that for my iPad but it connects off bluetooth. Its more like a folio case. Could actually be done for any phone.

07-17-2016 12:47 AM
    I'm trying to picture it. I guess it have to snap in place and then work off a hinge. I have a zagg keyboard that does that for my iPad but it connects off bluetooth. Its more like a folio case. Could actually be done for any phone.

Have you ever handled one of the earlier Android phones with a slide-out keyboard? Much better than a hinge, as the phone assembly stays rigid and you don't have to support both the keyboard and phone separately. I doubt I'd want one due to the bulk it would add, but I could see where some might like it.
    07-20-2016 08:02 PM
    Have you ever handled one of the earlier Android phones with a slide-out keyboard? Much better than a hinge, as the phone assembly stays rigid and you don't have to support both the keyboard and phone separately. I doubt I'd want one due to the bulk it would add, but I could see where some might like it.
    Yeah....I have one laying around somewhere and it sucked

07-20-2016 09:08 PM
    Imagine a horizontal keyboard like on the Photon with an integrated 2k mAh battery + wireless charging.

Modular connection allows for the return of physical keyboards?-motorola-photon-q-13.jpg
    mobrules likes this.
    07-23-2016 06:03 AM
    Reading this actually makes me miss my blackberry keyboard.

07-27-2016 11:34 PM