Wireless charging?

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Does the Moto Z have wireless charging? If it does, then I just might trade up my Galaxy S6 for it with AT&T NEXT later this year.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Does the Moto Z have wireless charging? If it does, then I just might trade up my Galaxy S6 for it with AT&T NEXT later this year.

It does not but the Power Pack MotoMod can be charged wirelessly.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

Some power packs. There will be ones with and without wireless charging.

Wireless charging option
Cut the cord and enjoy the freedom. Charge your phone and/or the pack, wirelessly.
Wireless charging rate (exclusive to wireless charging version)

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I like the thinness of the phone so adding a battery pack would make it thicker and not so appealing to me. However, a vendor might make a thin wireless charging MotoMod (like a case) that would allow wireless charging?

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I like the thinness of the phone so adding a battery pack would make it thicker and not so appealing to me. However, a vendor might make a thin wireless charging MotoMod (like a case) that would allow wireless charging?

Certainly possible, it would be one of the simplest potential mods, since the same has been offered aftermarket working via microUSB on other phones. Just a question of if someone will make it.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Certainly possible, it would be one of the simplest potential mods, since the same has been offered aftermarket working via microUSB on other phones. Just a question of if someone will make it.

I could see Incipio maybe doing one. They partnered with Verizon before to make DROID-branded wireless chargers.

wonderbread

Jan 10, 2010
Visit site
I could see Incipio maybe doing one. They partnered with Verizon before to make DROID-branded wireless chargers.

Yep, my plan is to go with the Z and then wait for a thinner ~1,500mAh power pack with wireless charging and maybe a headphone jack built-in.

PWav

May 1, 2010
Visit site

Just to be sure....... Will the both main built-in battery and the Power Pack be charged wirelessly when the Power Pack MotoMod is installed? Or just Power Pack only?

ShinyTop

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Since the power pack charges the phone it really does not make a difference. Over time both would be fully charged.