08-09-2016 08:44 AM
101 ... 2345
tools
    ^Unfortunately this makes a lot of sense. I think the camera mod will come to fruition, but robust third party support will be lacking.
    Hemlocke likes this.
    06-14-2016 09:04 PM
    Verizon helps in this regard. There are more accessories for the 2015 DROIDs than the carrier-free third gen Moto X.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition
    Aquila likes this.
    06-14-2016 09:37 PM
    If you can go without the insurance for the droid force because of the shatter-proof screen and no case being necessary that are points in its favor. I'm trying to justify an upgrade after one year and that is hard to do. I'll need a really good Verizon deal to achieve the WAF lol.
    06-14-2016 09:55 PM
    Completely agree shame on Motorola to bend over back to Verizon.
    312MotoGus likes this.
    06-14-2016 10:36 PM
    If the Pure didn't sell well with all of it going for it, of course they would double down on some more secure Verizon dirty lucre.
    06-14-2016 10:42 PM
    If the Pure didn't sell well with all of it going for it, of course they would double down on some more secure Verizon dirty lucre.
    Seems like a no brainer. They have a business to run.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition
    06-14-2016 11:04 PM
    Essentially, there is no Moto Z Force, just a Moto Z Force DROID EDITION.
    Wait, is that true??

R.I.P GPe program
    06-15-2016 03:01 AM
    Wait, is that true??

R.I.P GPe program
    Apparently Lenovo reps said "they are working on a worldwide release of the force" but it will *always* be a Verizon exclusive in the US.
    Ry likes this.
    06-15-2016 06:08 AM
    I don't have too much problem with vzw exclusives. But of course they are my carriers. I do hate their bloat, but that's a universal thing. But getting too frikkin big? Yeah. I don't wear skinny jeans. No one wants to see that. But good lord. Phones these days are getting stupidly huge. I put my BB Bold next to even an S6 and cringe a bit. The S6 is about my comfortable limit. But makes are determined to see how much glass and metal we are willing to carry.
    Citizen Coyote likes this.
    06-15-2016 07:02 AM
    I'm still using my Moto X 2013 with its reasonably sized screen and loving it — burn-in strip, four-hour battery life and all. Every year I think I'm going to move to new X/Z, and every year just xipz on by.
    06-15-2016 11:33 AM
    I don't have too much problem with vzw exclusives. But of course they are my carriers. I do hate their bloat, but that's a universal thing. But getting too frikkin big? Yeah. I don't wear skinny jeans. No one wants to see that. But good lord. Phones these days are getting stupidly huge. I put my BB Bold next to even an S6 and cringe a bit. The S6 is about my comfortable limit. But makes are determined to see how much glass and metal we are willing to carry.
    That reminds me of when I got my first bb bold (the first one) I remember worrying how I was going to deal with such a big phone.

Oh how silly that seems now.
    06-15-2016 06:25 PM
    That reminds me of when I got my first bb bold (the first one) I remember worrying how I was going to deal with such a big phone.

Oh how silly that seems now.
    I still use mine. It's fast, it's small, it runs forever. It's not the sing and dance and do everything phone that my notes 5 or S6 is, but if you want to email talk and text, it's better than the note. And yeah, I can lose it in my pocket. Maybe those days when people were competing to make small phone will come back. Doubtful. But I can hope. Right now if I want small but still do everything, I get the S6. Still, compared to the Bold the S6 is a monster.
    06-16-2016 05:01 AM
    Apparently Lenovo reps said "they are working on a worldwide release of the force" but it will *always* be a Verizon exclusive in the US.
    And this has been the same situation for the last 2 years. As the Droid Turbo, Turbo 2, and Maxx 2 were the only versions available in the U.S.
    06-16-2016 12:27 PM
    I'm willing to look past most of the design changes. But I can't get past the screen size. It amuses me that I see tons of posts and articles where the main idea is "Its too big" yet nobody seems to be listening.
    06-16-2016 03:07 PM
    The Moto Z, despite the criticisms on here is imo, better than any phone out there currently. Details here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/mot...ml#post5227287
    06-16-2016 04:55 PM
    I'm willing to look past most of the design changes. But I can't get past the screen size. It amuses me that I see tons of posts and articles where the main idea is "Its too big" yet nobody seems to be listening.
    If people stop buying "big" phones, you'll see screen sizes scale down.
    Aquila, sharkita and bp3dots like this.
    06-16-2016 05:43 PM
    I still think that the iPhone SE could have some of that impact. If OEMs see that selling and see a small, straight up flagship (generally) selling well - then the OEM that goes there first can potentially win on differentiation there. From reading the forums, there are a LOT of people who are lamenting the move to 5"+ devices by all major OEMs - so there's a market, but traditionally small phones with inferior specs haven't done well.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-16-2016 05:48 PM
    I still think that the iPhone SE could have some of that impact. If OEMs see that selling and see a small, straight up flagship (generally) selling well - then the OEM that goes there first can potentially win on differentiation there. From reading the forums, there are a LOT of people who are lamenting the move to 5"+ devices by all major OEMs - so there's a market, but traditionally small phones with inferior specs haven't done well.
    And if you have a 4.7" phone with the same processor, RAM, storage, camera as a 5.5" phone, people can and will assume the 5.5" phone is better because 5.5 > 4.7. :/
    06-16-2016 05:52 PM
    And if you have a 4.7" phone with the same processor, RAM, storage, camera as a 5.5" phone, people can and will assume the 5.5" phone is better because 5.5 > 4.7. :/
    True - and that pretty much is the assumption people make, but often there are other things like the 5.5" having a MUCH huger battery, maybe a higher res display, or a pricetag that doesn't match up with the differences.
    06-16-2016 06:04 PM
    True and to be honest I find the size of the Moto Z to be a plus. I personally don't want to go back to a smaller phone. To each their own I guess.
    06-16-2016 07:48 PM
    For many people smart phones are most importantly mini computers so
    a larger screen has benefits. It looks like 5.2-5.5 inches is settling in as the sweet spot between usability and screen size for many people.
    06-16-2016 08:26 PM
    Reflecting on my smart phone history from the 2.5" BlackBerry Curve to a dalliance with an iPhone 4, 3.5" to my cute chunky monkey with extended battery 4.3" HTC Rezound, to the 5.0" Droid Maxx to the 5.7" Moto X Pure I adjusted and got used to the larger screen size. But even with its small bezels the Pure is pushing it for me and I'll happily try a 5.5"screen although ironically enough the z and z force aren't much smaller despite a smaller screen.
    06-16-2016 08:51 PM
    I wonder how much of that assumption is fueled by the fact the in the past the bigger phone has always had the better specs in all other areas or a significant differentiating factor (ex. S-Pen)

The numbers on the iPhone 6s / 6s+ would probably be the closest you could get to look at a trend, but that's still a tiny set (relative to the smartphone market)
    06-18-2016 10:26 AM
    I also have a feeling that unbreakable screen and waterproof Z Force is going to be popular for obvious reasons, assuming that it gets marketed.
    The Z Force is NOT waterproof. You'd think it would be. But it's not.
    07-08-2016 12:02 AM
    Today I got a chance to play with the Z at my local Bestbuy. you are right, this phone thin is. However, with the Incipio battery pack attached, I thought the phone was the perfect size . It really Made Me think about getting the Note 7.

I'M waiting to see the Nexus Sailfish, before I make my final decision . I'm coming from a 4 note So I'm interested in the battery pack for sure.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-08-2016 11:08 PM
101 ... 2345