Confessions of a Motorola Fangirl: The Honeymoon is Over

bp3dots

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
I don't buy that argument at all either.

It could be that we're seeing the phone mostly exposed and to some, the connector could look like there's something missing.

Moto needs to show this phone off with the connectors exposed so people know what they are. But when these things hit the market, I doubt anyone is going to use the phone without at least a Style Shell, and it's rumored to ship with one.

I'll be one of those folks who use the phone without a shell or case. I doubt I'd ever use any of the MotoMods, so the pins will have to be my style I guess.

My main worry is that the phone will still be too big for me with the big bezels, I didn't upgrade to the 2015 X due to its larger size, so that could be the stopper for me. Hopefully if works out, because there's really nothing else I've seen in the last two years that is appealing. :-

dorelse

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I love how folks are now complaining that Moto has recently stopped supporting their phones. Folks...they quit supporting their phones in 2011. You can thank Punit Soni for setting the trend...

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
The sensor shouldn't be front and center and taking up all the real estate it is without at least doubling as a home button.
Or at least doubling as branding instead of doubling the ugly by placing it below the branding. "moto" + outlined square draws too much attention to that bottom panel and defies you to think of that little square as anything but a home button. Too bad, too, since this is one of the few phones that really legitimates the idea of a front panel fps/home button because of its "art techno" backside.

I suppose they could have placed the fps on the back as a smaller circle immediately below/fused to the camera bump, but the designers probably would have never stopped throwing up.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Or at least doubling as branding instead of doubling the ugly by placing it below the branding. "moto" + outlined square draws too much attention to that bottom panel and defies you to think of that little square as anything but a home button. Too bad, too, since this is one of the few phones that really legitimates the idea of a front panel fps/home button because of its "art techno" backside.

I suppose they could have placed the fps on the back as a smaller circle immediately below/fused to the camera bump, but the designers probably would have never stopped throwing up.
I actually hope the "Moto" logo above the fingerprint reader is just for the Verizon model.

If it's on the unlocked variant, I'll be getting HTC black bar flashbacks.

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Its not a rumor, there will be a US unlocked GSM version of the Moto Z (but not the Force version) this fall.

The Force is a Verizon exclusive in the US, in other words? That's a real shame. The battery on the standard Z just seems too wimpy for its screen size and resolution.

cowboys2000

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I don't mind re-designs or thinness, per se. My complain is why make the phone so thin, just to add battery pack or other "mods"?

For as much as phones costs, many folks can't afford to figure out past the 14 day return window how back the battery life sucks on their new $600 plus device! (referring to my S6)

what would have been nice are good/decent front facing speaker (enough top and bottom bezel for that)!

Anyway, it's almost wallpaper Wednesday!

Hemlocke

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I think that whatever MotoMods were shown at the unveiling might be it, with maybe one or two added. Heck, we might not even see all that were shown actually hit production. The problem for Moto, that also affects the LGs and HTCs of the world, is that the accessory market is a wasteland because they don't sell enough to warrant investment in the market.

Go try to find high-end accessories for an HTC 10 or LG G5. I had the HTC 10 for over a month, and there isn't much available. Basically, accessory makers prioritize the iPhone first, then the Galaxy line, and that's about it. Sure, Cruzerlite, Spigen, and Diztronic make cases for just about everything, but good luck finding a Rokform, Element Case, or Otterbox Universe for anything that isn't Apple or Samsung. Now people expect $200+ dollar accessories for a phone line that MIGHT have sold the amount of phones since 2013 that Apple and Samsung sell in a quarter? I don't see it happening.

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
^Unfortunately this makes a lot of sense. I think the camera mod will come to fruition, but robust third party support will be lacking.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Verizon helps in this regard. There are more accessories for the 2015 DROIDs than the carrier-free third gen Moto X.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
If you can go without the insurance for the droid force because of the shatter-proof screen and no case being necessary that are points in its favor. I'm trying to justify an upgrade after one year and that is hard to do. I'll need a really good Verizon deal to achieve the WAF lol.

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
If the Pure didn't sell well with all of it going for it, of course they would double down on some more secure Verizon dirty lucre.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781