Release date?

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know what time the Moto / Verizon event starts today where they are going to announce the Verizon versions of the Moto Z?

Hunan

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Phandroid says they are live at the event but there is no live feed and no update. The event starts at 10:00 am

Posted via the Android Central App

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Phandroid says they are live at the event but there is no live feed and no update. The event starts at 10:00 am

There are 24 "10am's" around the globe today. Any idea which one?

Edit found it, Eastern

Last edited:

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
The reporting on the event this morning is really lacking. Is no one allowed to report until after the entire event is over?

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm waiting on details (price, trade-in offers) to decide if I'm getting a Z Force, waiting on the new Nexus devices, or maybe if I can get a killer deal on a Turbo2. I was hoping they'd make it available today, but I bet there would've been leaks from local stores if that were the case.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Mashable posted the prices earlier but took down their post. I think it was $26/m and $30/m ($624 and $720).

Must be an NDA active.

/edit updated force price

Last edited:

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Another pathetic fail by Moto and Verizon, with this non announcement announcement. If the rumored prices are true, that's another big fail. Expect big discounts on Black Friday then.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Mashable posted the prices earlier but took down their post. I think it was $26/m and $30/m ($624 and $720).

Must be an NDA active.

/edit updated force price
So essentially the same price as the galaxy s7 before you buy any mods at all. You'll exceed $800 for the force and battery pack.

I'm hitting an existential crisis with my cell phone addiction. Is a $800+ flagship *that much* better than last year's flagship used at half that price or less? Or a brand new 5x for $250? Or a used Note 4 for $225? Or any of the many new $300-500 phones out?

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
So essentially the same price as the galaxy s7 before you buy any mods at all. You'll exceed $800 for the force and battery pack.

I'm hitting an existential crisis with my cell phone addiction. Is a $800+ flagship *that much* better than last year's flagship used at half that price or less? Or a brand new 5x for $250? Or a used Note 4 for $225? Or any of the many new $300-500 phones out?

I can currently get the Turbo2 for $200 with 2-year contract (I don't have any intention to leave Verizon anyway, so that doesn't bother me.) I'm waiting to see if they drop that further once the Z is out. Only disappointment I'd have is no fingerprint scanner, and pretty unlikely to become daydream certified (not sure how much the certification will matter, though, and it's not clear the Z will ever be certified either.)

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I called Verizon and they said pre-orders start Thursday, 21st. Delivery expected the 28th.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I can currently get the Turbo2 for $200 with 2-year contract (I don't have any intention to leave Verizon anyway, so that doesn't bother me.) I'm waiting to see if they drop that further once the Z is out. Only disappointment I'd have is no fingerprint scanner, and pretty unlikely to become daydream certified (not sure how much the certification will matter, though, and it's not clear the Z will ever be certified either.)

Yes....there are so many good used or new prior models out there that will do the job nicely if you don't need the latest and greatest.