Reviewers are receiving their Moto Z's

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Good morning, boys and girls! :)
Word on the street is preorders will start today and embargo goes away. Hopefully we see some reviews from AC and MrMobile soon! Unless word on the street is wrong, in which case I hate this street and want to move to Sesame Street.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Word on the street is preorders will start today and embargo goes away. Hopefully we see some reviews from AC and MrMobile soon! Unless word on the street is wrong, in which case I hate this street and want to move to Sesame Street.

I don't know...sesame street looks like a tough place

sesame_112007_fresh.jpg

Feldon

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Ars Technica just gave it a great big "Skip It!" review:

• a $320 price jump over the Moto X
  • No 3.5mm headphone jack
  • No Moto Maker customization
  • No monthly security updates
  • very slow Android software updates just like LG and Samsung
  • Android multi-user support was stripped out
  • expensive Moto Mods
  • Carrier (AT&T, Verizon, etc.) bloatware
  • Moto Z non-Force version is so thin with such a small battery that it can't make it through a day without recharging.
Moto Z review: Lenovo brings a huge price increase, lame modular system | Ars Technica

Last edited:

Bankz111

Jun 16, 2016
Visit site
I could tell you a million beautiful thing about the Moto Z.

OMG!! Such an irrelevant review with such first world complaints everywhere.

Lol, you obviously had to look for the worse review out there among a sea of fantastic review and paste it here.

Mere, looking at the review you can clearly read hate written all over it even to the extent that it makes the review non valuable to most of us here in my neighbourhood.

If you look at the flaws they mentioned, how many will the average consumer actually care about? How many phone aren't immune to those particular flaws in question? Its bad to the point where they even fail to mention any positives in the phone, lol.

Security patches? An average joe doesn't even know what those mean and wouldn't even care.

Moto maker customization? Lol, How many phones are better customizable than the Z's in their current state? The answer is simple, Non.

Software updates? Lol, hypocrites. Isn't every phone not named nexus guilty of this.
Price? How many high-end phones where cheaper at launch? About a miniscle amount of phones?

No headphone jack? Yeah I agree on this one but please give me a break, there's a dongle included for free in the box btw what's up with them acting like they just heard bout it. Its almost 2 months now. Just Move on

Battery? Even pro apple sites like the verge are saying the Z battery is good and no site has bashed it so far.

AT&T carrier bloatware? Wtf?? are they crazy or something? Hellooooo!!! Its a carrier branded phone, not an unlocked phone ffs.. Or Is there any carrier branded android phone that doesn't come with it? And wouldn't the unlocked version be released in september?

The phone is too thin? Lol, just use a style shell ffs. How petty can they get. Where almost every reviewer is basically calling this one of the most beautiful and premium looking phone out now.

Android multi user support?? Looool!!!!! What does that even mean in the larger scheme of things?? You things the average joe even know what that means?

The lowest score I've seeing so far for this phone is a solid 8.5 out of 10 and these lunatics are here spewing their hate everywhere. Well, fine. If you don't like it, don't buy it. The Moto Z obviously wasn't made for everybody. I bet an average user will have a much better experience with this phone than most other android phones. Calamity of an article.

Last edited:

Feldon

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I could tell you a million beautiful thing about the Moto Z.

OMG!! Such an irrelevant review with such first world complaints everywhere.
Charging $720 when OnePlus Three and the next Nexus will deliver the same tech for $400? Updates will be at about the same pace as LG or Samsung and we won't get security updates? How are these "first world complaints"?

The rest of your post is "consumers are dumb and will buy anything" or "the review wasn't glowing praise and thus angers me deeply". The Moto X got some of the top reviews by Ars Technica. In many many ways, this new phone falls short of that standard. In design choices, in pricing, and in software strategy. I'm sorry you find it "hate" that a reviewer is pointing out these differences.

An argument that cannot stand up to the light of truth isn't a particularly strong argument.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Charging $720 when OnePlus Three and the next Nexus will deliver the same tech for $400?

The OP3 doesn't really deliver the same tech and the Nexus will be better on many fronts, but will probably be $500-600 for the 5.5" version and I'm guessing $300-400 for the 5.0" version. I agree with your point that it's very hard to make a value argument for the pricetag, but the Moto Z is legitimately better than the OP3, it's just hard to say whether or not it's nearly double better. Obviously up to each buyer based on what they like and what's in their wallet, etc.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers