How will we use Cases?

Mac58

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Im pretty excited about the moto z and plan on getting one on launch day. The only worry I have is for cases. Theres no way you will be able to use a case and still use the mods on the phone. Only one that could work is a bumper case. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Im pretty excited about the moto z and plan on getting one on launch day. The only worry I have is for cases. Theres no way you will be able to use a case and still use the mods on the phone. Only one that could work is a bumper case. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

I'm under the impression that cases will only work without a mod attached, even a Style Shell.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm under the impression that cases will only work without a mod attached, even a Style Shell.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

I'm not sure I would bother with a case with this phone...just a bumper maybe. If you scratch a Style mod you can just replace it. The could make a battery mod cover but that would add more bulk

Posted via the Android Central App

Bankz111

Jun 16, 2016
Visit site
If you're talking bout covering the phone, then the real question should be why you would need a case when you'll still put the mod on top of it? Just wondering what use it will serve if you'll put the mod on top still

If you're talking about cases in general, then not to worry there'll always be case makers that make one for the Z. (Though I doubt this is what you're asking about)

Now, if your fear is that the mods might scratch the body of the phone, then never mind, because it won't. They're not fools, if the style mod doesn't scratch it, then the other mods wouldn't.

Or are you talking bout a case for the Mods? Lol

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm assuming he wants to case the phone and be able to attach a mod on top. I suppose they could make a case with pass through contacts but not sure its worth the effort. Like I said earlier.... Style mod with a bumper case might be the simplest thing to just protect the edges.
Might look funky though.

Posted via the Android Central App

Mac58

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. I am speaking of something for protection of the edges primarily. I will get the force so Im not worried about damaging screen but the turbo 2s edges failed miserably when dropped and from one video I saw on youtube, it seems the moto z maybe down the same path. I think a bumper case would work but Im not sure. Thats pretty much the only case I would want to put on this phone but my fear is that those types of cases wont work with mods attached,

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Just saw a picture of the phone its so sleek and sexy I probably wouldn't want a case on it! HOWEVER what about one of those body skins? Ghost Armor, or Body Guardz, etc

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech