12-17-2016 02:03 PM
177 ... 23456 ...
tools
    1. Will the 64 RAM be available at Verizon next week too?

2. Someone commented elsewhere that Lenovo said they won't be doing security updates to this phone. Have you heard that? Any comments on Lenovo's speed to update the OS or issue security patches vs Samsung's?

3. I read somewhere that someone (already sounds credible, right?) is developing a mod that will have jacks for video monitor, audio and USB. Have you heard anything about that?
    07-21-2016 12:03 PM
    Ops, sorry about this question. The review answer my question.
    07-21-2016 12:05 PM
    How much of the 32 gb is available to the user?
    Any pricing on the 64gb models?
    Life34 likes this.
    07-21-2016 12:06 PM
    How much of the 32 gb is available to the user?
    Any pricing on the 64gb models?
    In the video review he said about 24gb
    tony bag o donuts likes this.
    07-21-2016 12:07 PM
    Thanks, I just saw the video review.
    07-21-2016 12:14 PM
    Any word on what style mods will be available through Verizon/at launch? There aren't any on their website.
    07-21-2016 12:21 PM
    Any word on what style mods will be available through Verizon/at launch? There aren't any on their website.
    Moto Mods Accessories - Verizon Wireless
    Phil Nickinson likes this.
    07-21-2016 12:23 PM
    Will the globally unlocked version still be able to be used on verizon? I'd rather have that one to avoid bloat, switch networks if I want, and be able to use it outside the country, but that $200 off at best buy is real tempting.
    Only one way to find out.
    07-21-2016 12:29 PM
    1. Will the 64 RAM be available at Verizon next week too?
    If today's pre-order is any indication ... No.
    07-21-2016 12:31 PM

Like I said, specifically asking about the style mods themselves (the $15 wood/nylon/leather backs). The two listed on verizon's site seem mislabelled to me ($50 for a style shell is not correct)
    07-21-2016 12:31 PM
    Like I said, specifically asking about the style mods themselves (the $15 wood/nylon/leather backs). The two listed on verizon's site seem mislabelled to me ($50 for a style shell is not correct)
    Whoops sorry, Looks like they are out of stock even on Moto's website

Moto Maker | Motorola
    07-21-2016 12:33 PM
    Whoops sorry, Looks like they are out of stock even on Moto's website

Moto Maker | Motorola
    Thanks, didn't know about the moto maker site. Still curious to see what kind of selection verizon will have!
    07-21-2016 12:36 PM
    Do you know what the differences are in the Tumi and Incipio Power Pack Mods?
    07-21-2016 12:40 PM
    Read your review, thanks for such a thorough analysis! I currently have the Droid Turbo original. Battery is a beast, but standby isn't great. How is the standby battery (as opposed to screen and use time) of the Z Force?
    07-21-2016 01:11 PM
    Phil. I really like your honesty on this phone tbh..
    But my questions are these.

1. Is the sole job of the battery mod to charge the internal battery or does it serve as an external battery to the phone and charge it when necessary?

2. Do you have an idea when the moto developer kit be released?

3. Do you have an idea when the rumored hasselblad camera Mod will be released?

4. I noticed that the app drawer is frost looking to reflect your wallpaper like the kitkat days (which I honestly prefer) but can the white elements of the phone, like the settings page also be changed to a dark mode?
    07-21-2016 01:26 PM
    Phil. I really like your honesty on this phone tbh..
    But my questions are these.

1. Is the sole job of the battery mod to charge the internal battery or does it serve as an external battery to the phone and charge it when necessary?
    By default it drains the external first. But you can opt to have it keep the phone charged at 80 percent all the time.

2. Do you have an idea when the moto developer kit be released?
    Nope. Keep an eye on Moto Mods™ | Motorola

3. Do you have an idea when the rumored hasselblad camera Mod will be released?
    I don't know anything about a camera mod.

4. I noticed that the app drawer is frost looking to reflect your wallpaper like the kitkat days (which I honestly prefer) but can the white elements of the phone, like the settings page also be changed to a dark mode?
    Not that I see.
    07-21-2016 03:43 PM
    Read your review, thanks for such a thorough analysis! I currently have the Droid Turbo original. Battery is a beast, but standby isn't great. How is the standby battery (as opposed to screen and use time) of the Z Force?
    Very good. Thanks, Doze!
    07-21-2016 03:44 PM
    Do you know what the differences are in the Tumi and Incipio Power Pack Mods?
    It's all Incipio, just licensed out.
    07-21-2016 03:44 PM
    It's all Incipio, just licensed out.
    So the kate spade, incipio, and Tumi powerpacks are all Incipio-made, but you pay a premium to get "kate spade" or "tumi" printed on them?
    07-21-2016 03:45 PM
    So the kate spade, incipio, and Tumi powerpacks are all Incipio-made, but you pay a premium to get "kate spade" or "tumi" printed on them?
    The finish seems to be different, The Kate Spade looking glossy, the Tumi looks brushed and the incipio (from what I can tell) looks like soft touch.
    07-21-2016 04:02 PM
    1. V10 or either of the Moto Zs?

I'm a heavy user, takes lots of pictures but not professional.

2. Playing Pokemon go, do you experience the same rapid battery drain than on the other phones?

3. Not Moto related but battery wise, what phone have you thought have been the best when playing that game?

Thanks
    07-21-2016 04:22 PM
    1. V10 or either of the Moro Zs?

I'm a heavy user, takes lots of pictures but not professional.

2. Playing Pokemon go, do you experience the same rapid battery drain than on the other phones?

3. Non Moro related but battery wise, what phone have you thought have been the best when playing that game?

Thanks
    Pokemon Go actively uses your screen, GPS and network data all at once. It's going to drain rapidly no matter what phone you use.

Having said that, a Moto X Force (so you have extra base battery) plus a battery back is going to be your best bet.
    07-21-2016 04:55 PM
    Exactly. No Motorola phone gets the security updates on a monthly basis.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition
    Doesn't make it right.

Posted via the Pokémon Central App
    07-21-2016 05:11 PM
    I've confirmed that the Moto Z WILL receive security updates.

Here's the official line, as I suspected:

Moto Z and Moto Z Force will be supported with patches from Android Security Bulletins. They will receive an update shortly after launch with additional patches.
    Clocks and Aquila like this.
    07-21-2016 05:44 PM
    I've confirmed that the Moto Z WILL receive security updates.

Here's the official line, as I suspected:

Moto Z and Moto Z Force will be supported with patches from Android Security Bulletins. They will receive an update shortly after launch with additional patches.
    What does the Android Central dictionary say about short Phil?

Posted via the Pokémon Central App
    07-21-2016 06:00 PM
177 ... 23456 ...