I've got the Moto Z — you've got questions. Fire away!

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Read your review, thanks for such a thorough analysis! I currently have the Droid Turbo original. Battery is a beast, but standby isn't great. How is the standby battery (as opposed to screen and use time) of the Z Force?

Bankz111

Jun 16, 2016
Visit site
Phil. I really like your honesty on this phone tbh..
But my questions are these.

1. Is the sole job of the battery mod to charge the internal battery or does it serve as an external battery to the phone and charge it when necessary?

2. Do you have an idea when the moto developer kit be released?

3. Do you have an idea when the rumored hasselblad camera Mod will be released?

4. I noticed that the app drawer is frost looking to reflect your wallpaper like the kitkat days (which I honestly prefer) but can the white elements of the phone, like the settings page also be changed to a dark mode?

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Phil. I really like your honesty on this phone tbh..
But my questions are these.

1. Is the sole job of the battery mod to charge the internal battery or does it serve as an external battery to the phone and charge it when necessary?

By default it drains the external first. But you can opt to have it keep the phone charged at 80 percent all the time.

2. Do you have an idea when the moto developer kit be released?

Nope. Keep an eye on Moto Mods™ | Motorola

3. Do you have an idea when the rumored hasselblad camera Mod will be released?

I don't know anything about a camera mod.

4. I noticed that the app drawer is frost looking to reflect your wallpaper like the kitkat days (which I honestly prefer) but can the white elements of the phone, like the settings page also be changed to a dark mode?

Not that I see.

Cookedart

May 30, 2010
Visit site
So the kate spade, incipio, and Tumi powerpacks are all Incipio-made, but you pay a premium to get "kate spade" or "tumi" printed on them?

The finish seems to be different, The Kate Spade looking glossy, the Tumi looks brushed and the incipio (from what I can tell) looks like soft touch.

donebrasko

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
1. V10 or either of the Moto Zs?

I'm a heavy user, takes lots of pictures but not professional.

2. Playing Pokemon go, do you experience the same rapid battery drain than on the other phones?

3. Not Moto related but battery wise, what phone have you thought have been the best when playing that game?

Thanks

Last edited:

Tom Westrick

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
1. V10 or either of the Moro Zs?

I'm a heavy user, takes lots of pictures but not professional.

2. Playing Pokemon go, do you experience the same rapid battery drain than on the other phones?

3. Non Moro related but battery wise, what phone have you thought have been the best when playing that game?

Thanks

Pokemon Go actively uses your screen, GPS and network data all at once. It's going to drain rapidly no matter what phone you use.

Having said that, a Moto X Force (so you have extra base battery) plus a battery back is going to be your best bet.

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
I've confirmed that the Moto Z WILL receive security updates.

Here's the official line, as I suspected:

Moto Z and Moto Z Force will be supported with patches from Android Security Bulletins. They will receive an update shortly after launch with additional patches.

thatguy97

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
I've confirmed that the Moto Z WILL receive security updates.

Here's the official line, as I suspected:

Moto Z and Moto Z Force will be supported with patches from Android Security Bulletins. They will receive an update shortly after launch with additional patches.

What does the Android Central dictionary say about short Phil? :p

Posted via the Pokémon Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy