12-17-2016 03:03 PM
177 ... 5678
tools
    Bankz, the mod can do either. If you attach the mod to the phone if the phone is not at 100%, the mod will recharge the existing battery, and like some chargers, will allow the phone to use the charger as its power source instead of the battery. So, if you use the mod on the phone like it is a part of the phone, aka on the daily and/or attach the mod when the phone is at 100%, the phone simply uses the mod as its power source instead of the internal battery. The efficiency mode allows the phone to use its own battery, and in this mode, the mod will charge the phone to a certain percentage (80% or 100%) and keep it there, by simply charging the internal battery and applying charge to the internal battery, once it has reached said percent, in the most "efficient" conditions to maintain it at a given percent. So the mod is multi-faceted, in that it has many functions.
    Thanks for the explanation. Just to clarify, when the mod is not in efficiency mode (ie, phone stays at 100% until the mod runs out of battery), the phone uses the mod as its power source rather than the internal battery? I would have thought the mod just continues to trickle charge the internal battery, such that the phone is using the internal battery, which is being charged by the mod.
    07-31-2016 02:47 PM
    Thanks for the explanation. Just to clarify, when the mod is not in efficiency mode (ie, phone stays at 100% until the mod runs out of battery), the phone uses the mod as its power source rather than the internal battery? I would have thought the mod just continues to trickle charge the internal battery, such that the phone is using the internal battery, which is being charged by the mod.
    My thoughts exactly. You just hit the nail on the head. This is what I've being trying to get across, but maybe I didn't say it correctly. I'm really confused here.

Another question is, In the case that it just uses the mod as an external battery, what happens when say, the phone is at 55%? Does the mod just automatically charge the phone once you snap it at any percentage? Or it waits till a certain % before it charges the battery?
    1901Madison likes this.
    07-31-2016 04:21 PM
    Oops!!! Veteater already explained it all. Just seeing it now. He says the mods doesn't make any difference as to weather the battery gets worn out or not. If that's the case then its no problem then.
    07-31-2016 05:17 PM
    Oops!!! Veteater already explained it all. Just seeing it now. He says the mods doesn't make any difference as to weather the battery gets worn out or not. If that's the case then its no problem then.
    If the phone was on trickle charge at 80% or 100% depending on whether efficiency mode is enabled, then the battery would discharge because the input of charge would be less than the output. The phone cannot use its own battery if it is supposed to stay at a certain percent while the mod is on.
    benjamminh likes this.
    08-03-2016 05:45 AM
    That's a good way to explain it.
    08-03-2016 07:03 AM
    Is it true that the Moto Z does not support Miracast? It is showing no devices when people are trying to connect via the Wireless Display Settings.
    08-04-2016 10:12 AM
    Hello everyone,

I had the Droid Maxx and it was able to read me my text messages with the phone locked, screen off, and not plugged in or charging. All I had to do was use the voice command "ok Google, what's up?". I just picked up a Moto Z Force yesterday and tried to use it in the same way, but it prompted me to manually unlock my phone. My question is, is there a way to have the phone read out my new text message completely hands free as I used to do with my Droid Maxx?
    08-30-2016 08:06 AM
    Hello everyone,

I had the Droid Maxx and it was able to read me my text messages with the phone locked, screen off, and not plugged in or charging. All I had to do was use the voice command "ok Google, what's up?". I just picked up a Moto Z Force yesterday and tried to use it in the same way, but it prompted me to manually unlock my phone. My question is, is there a way to have the phone read out my new text message completely hands free as I used to do with my Droid Maxx?
    You likely need to set up additional security settings to allow it, such as trusted devices/zones. If the phone is password protected, but that can be largely or completely bypassed by a voice command at any time, it's not very secure.
    08-30-2016 01:27 PM
    Is it true that the Moto Z does not support Miracast? It is showing no devices when people are trying to connect via the Wireless Display Settings.
    The manual indicates that it should support Miracast, but multiple people have reported it not working. Hopefully a future update will fix it, since it seems like it's meant to be supported, judging by the manual.
    08-30-2016 01:28 PM
    Following
    09-08-2016 02:31 AM
    I don't know if you can help. I'm coming from Samsung but on my iPad it's the same way. My fb app usually has a red symbol on my fb icon to let me know someone has commented or whatever. Is this not a thing on this phone. I'm still trying to figure a way to get notifications without having an led light and my phone is on silent at work.
    09-09-2016 10:24 AM
    Morning, folks! I've been using Moto Z (and Verizon's exclusive. Moto Z Force) for a week now. Perhaps you've read our review.

Have questions? I have answers! Fire away!

Attachment 232765
    Hi there,
    Is the lack of a headphone jack an issue for you?
    Cheers!
    09-11-2016 04:41 PM
    Hi there,
    Is the lack of a headphone jack an issue for you?
    Cheers!
    I'm not Phil, but I've had the Z Force since launch day, and I've probably used the headphone jack adapter 3 or 4 times. It works like it should, including with my Square credit card swiper. Mostly I use bluetooth headphones. I got a set for ~$14 on Amazon, and while the sound isn't awesome, they're great for use while mowing the yard. I have a nicer set to use other times.

The the headphone jack/adapter setup is that big of an issue, there's always the Moto Z Play, which has a built in headphone jack.
    09-12-2016 08:20 PM
    From a Moto x user, does the Moto z still keep the lock screen notifications that you can peek at rather than having to unlock your phone?
    09-23-2016 09:51 PM
    Yes, it does.
    09-23-2016 10:14 PM
    I'm not Phil, but I've had the Z Force since launch day, and I've probably used the headphone jack adapter 3 or 4 times. It works like it should, including with my Square credit card swiper. Mostly I use bluetooth headphones. I got a set for ~$14 on Amazon, and while the sound isn't awesome, they're great for use while mowing the yard. I have a nicer set to use other times.

The the headphone jack/adapter setup is that big of an issue, there's always the Moto Z Play, which has a built in headphone jack.
    I've never had bluetooth headphones and been searching to see if it's possible to get decent cheap ones and couldn't find anything under $50 (Australian). Do you have a link to the ones you have, or can you at least tell me what they are called so I can look them up? I'd rather buy cheap ones that someone has used, verified as decent, than take a chance on some random cheapies I don't know anything about
    09-24-2016 01:46 AM
    I've never had bluetooth headphones and been searching to see if it's possible to get decent cheap ones and couldn't find anything under $50 (Australian). Do you have a link to the ones you have, or can you at least tell me what they are called so I can look them up? I'd rather buy cheap ones that someone has used, verified as decent, than take a chance on some random cheapies I don't know anything about
    I have a pair of these, which are decent enough. Not audiophile quality, but I think most people would be ok with them for common use. I don't wear headphones a lot, mostly when I'm flying (once or twice a year) or mowing (I use these for mowing). I got them on Amazon for $14 US (less than $19 Australian). No idea what shipping & stuff will do to the cost for Australia though.
    09-25-2016 12:31 AM
    I have a pair of these, which are decent enough. Not audiophile quality, but I think most people would be ok with them for common use. I don't wear headphones a lot, mostly when I'm flying (once or twice a year) or mowing (I use these for mowing). I got them on Amazon for $14 US (less than $19 Australian). No idea what shipping & stuff will do to the cost for Australia though.
    Thanks! Might check these out. I heard Jerryrigeverything suggest plugging headphones in to the lightning port regularly could shorten the life of the lightning port so I was concerned continually plugging in a USB c connector for headphones as well as charging could do the same
    09-25-2016 11:49 PM
    Hows the battery life on the regular moto z is the SOT good or nah.Also hows the incipeo battery pack do you think its worth it.
    10-16-2016 03:07 AM
    Hows the battery life on the regular moto z is the SOT good or nah.Also hows the incipeo battery pack do you think its worth it.
    Battery life is pretty insane. The best of any smartphone that i have used.
    10-16-2016 07:58 AM
    It's surprisingly decent considering its a quad HD 5.5 inch screen with only 2600mah. They must do an awesome job optimizing. I get anywhere from 3-5.5 hours SOT. I got the battery mod free from Clove with the phone. I've hardly needed to use it because my phone either gets me through the day or I use quick charge to give me extra juice. The couple times I have used it though I've really appreciated it. For example on a heavy use day I was catching the bus home and battery was down to 2%. It was awesome being able to pull out the mod and snap it on my phone so I could finish the bus ride home still being able to play games and listen to music. I only use the mod when I need to though because I really appreciate how light the phone is without mods. The mod is great to have though to get rid of battery anxiety
    Ry and Matthew Thomas9 like this.
    10-18-2016 12:26 AM
    Morning, folks! I've been using Moto Z (and Verizon's exclusive. Moto Z Force) for a week now. Perhaps you've read our review.

Have questions? I have answers! Fire away!

Attachment 232765
    Why are all my media players freezing?
    10-19-2016 08:35 PM
    Actually I think I've figured it out, the app kingdom rush was causing the issue when running in the background.
    YAYTech likes this.
    10-21-2016 03:50 PM
    Do you find the font size for chrome and several apps to be too big?
    11-23-2016 09:12 PM
    Do you find the font size for chrome and several apps to be too big?
    You can change the font size.
    benjamminh likes this.
    11-23-2016 09:14 PM
177 ... 5678