I've got the Moto Z — you've got questions. Fire away!

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
edit: missed that Phil already answered this. There's a big difference to skipping something every now and then and saying "we're not going to do this at all", which Moto seems to be saying the latter.

Like I said, I'm checking on that. Because something about that just sounds off.

Gui Oliveira

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
Hey Phil, how decent is the battery life without the mods(like overall and screen on time)? And when you put on the Battery mod, how thick the Z becomes? Can you say in milimeters ou campare with another smartphone?

Phil Nickinson

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Hey Phil, how decent is the battery life without the mods(like overall and screen on time)? And when you put on the Battery mod, how thick the Z becomes? Can you say in milimeters ou campare with another smartphone?

No, because we all use our phones differently. (Which is why I don't like those "Here's how fast the battery drained loading web pages" tests.

Please see the section on battery life in the review.

Phil Nickinson

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Does the wireless charging battery pack charge only the pack itself? Can it charge the internal battery of the Moto Z as well?

The line from Moto is: You can wirelessly charge both your Moto Z and the Power Pack when connected, or charge the Power Pack by itself.

tigerhoodz06

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Will the globally unlocked version still be able to be used on verizon? I'd rather have that one to avoid bloat, switch networks if I want, and be able to use it outside the country, but that $200 off at best buy is real tempting.

enorth

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
1. Will the 64 RAM be available at Verizon next week too?

2. Someone commented elsewhere that Lenovo said they won't be doing security updates to this phone. Have you heard that? Any comments on Lenovo's speed to update the OS or issue security patches vs Samsung's?

3. I read somewhere that someone (already sounds credible, right?) is developing a mod that will have jacks for video monitor, audio and USB. Have you heard anything about that?