I've got the Moto Z — you've got questions. Fire away!

Bankz111

Jun 16, 2016
Visit site
I've confirmed that the Moto Z WILL receive security updates.

Here's the official line, as I suspected:

Moto Z and Moto Z Force will be supported with patches from Android Security Bulletins. They will receive an update shortly after launch with additional patches.

Hell, yeah!!!!! So let dem haters buuurrnnnn!!!! In yo face anandtech. Such massive haters tbh..

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I've confirmed that the Moto Z WILL receive security updates.

Here's the official line, as I suspected:

Moto Z and Moto Z Force will be supported with patches from Android Security Bulletins. They will receive an update shortly after launch with additional patches.

Thanks for looking into this, Phil!

Confirmed: The Moto Z *will* receive security patches http://www.androidcentral.com/confirmed-moto-z-will-receive-security-patches

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

Krowyn

Jul 22, 2016
Visit site
When using a phone, most if not everyone would try to get a case for the phone. Will the moto mods allow us to buy a external case? Does it act as a case? If you think it can act as a case, do you think future cases can rap around the screen to protect it from a drop?

Cookedart

May 30, 2010
Visit site
When using a phone, most if not everyone would try to get a case for the phone. Will the moto mods allow us to buy a external case? Does it act as a case? If you think it can act as a case, do you think future cases can rap around the screen to protect it from a drop?

Cases & Protection Accessories for Moto Z Droid - Verizon Wireless there are a few cases on verizon's store that are "bumpers" that protect the edges of a device but still let you use moto mods. I think of the style shells as the back of your case since they're only around $20 and relatively replaceable.

donebrasko

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site

airos4

Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Question about the magnets - how strong are they against separation? Like when I'm shoving it into a tight pouch will it slide off the contacts? How about when I drop it - explode into separate pieces like an old V3M, or stay together?

Does the battery in the speaker mod work similarly to the dedicated packs as far as draining external first?

Fnandlm

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Do the USB ports on the mods also carry data? Like if you plug in the headphone adapter to a USB C port on the attached mod will it work?

davidmanvell

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Is there anywhere to pre-order the 64 gb version? I see it on moto maker but you do buy it outright that way not in payments. Also the screen is shatterproof, how about the rest of the phone and the mods?

corty34m

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
In regards to the camera quality, I noticed on your review you showed images of the Droid Z Force in daylight but not in total darkness but you did show that the Droid Z at 9MP did not produce the best night shots. Wondering if you tested the Droid Z at night with full 13MP resolution and if that made a difference and what were the results at night with the Droid Z Force full 21MP resolution? I only ask cause DXO Mark gave the camera of the Force very good scores even at night.

corty34m

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I agree. I am sure someone wanted to give people a cheaper option with reduced camera and battery but really they should probably have just come out with the Force and the better specs. I seriously doubt most people would have complained.

jvolzer1

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
What launcher and messaging app comes on the phone? Last I saw Motorola still didn't have a material design messaging app.

Posted via the Android Central App

jvolzer1

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Does Google photos work with the stock camera app or does moto try to encourage you to use their gallery?

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol