One thing about the phone that was driving me crazy was that I could only put 4 icons across the screen, been using 5 for so long that is just looked bad to me. Now there may be a way to change this but after a quick search in the settings I didn't find anything.

So I ended up downloading Nova Launcher Pro. Only thing I have really done so far is having the 5 icons and changing the app draw to horizontal. I have never used a launcher before from the Play Store so really have no clue what all can be done. So if anybody has any advice I would like to hear it.
    08-03-2016 01:55 AM
    I switched to the Google Now launcher. I too miss having another row, as i was previously using a Nexus 6 with bigger screen. I was able to fit everything I wanted on one screen, and can't on my Zf. A different launcher would fix that, but I like the Google Now launcher. I'm keeping an eye on the new Nexus launcher...
    08-03-2016 09:11 AM
    One thing about the phone that was driving me crazy was that I could only put 4 icons across the screen, been using 5 for so long that is just looked bad to me. Now there may be a way to change this but after a quick search in the settings I didn't find anything.

So I ended up downloading Nova Launcher Pro. Only thing I have really done so far is having the 5 icons and changing the app draw to horizontal. I have never used a launcher before from the Play Store so really have no clue what all can be done. So if anybody has any advice I would like to hear it.
    I also use Nova Launcher. I would suggest using gestures. I like the double tap to access Google now. And other. Those can be found in the settings for Nova launcher. I also like the option to overlap my widgets. Give me more room on screen to place things. Try new things. Nova offers tons of customizations.
    08-03-2016 10:17 AM
    I also use Nova Launcher. I would suggest using gestures. I like the double tap to access Google now. And other. Those can be found in the settings for Nova launcher. I also like the option to overlap my widgets. Give me more room on screen to place things. Try new things. Nova offers tons of customizations.
    Thanks, I plan on doing some exploring with it.
    areyes163 likes this.
    08-03-2016 01:10 PM
    I love Nova. Can't imagine going back to a launcher without gestures. I've never had any problems with it.
    08-03-2016 09:18 PM
    Nova Launcher.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-03-2016 09:20 PM
    Action launcher.
    mobrules likes this.
    08-03-2016 09:28 PM
    Nova
    08-05-2016 12:04 PM
    Action launcher
    08-05-2016 11:07 PM
    Action launcher
    What do you like about Action, I have never used it.
    mobrules likes this.
    08-05-2016 11:22 PM
    I like both Arrow launcher and Google Now. Simple and clean
    08-06-2016 09:13 PM
    Nova works great

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-06-2016 09:20 PM
    Nova, always.
    08-06-2016 10:05 PM
    I always thought action was a crappy, slow and buggy launcher. After the latest update I don't think I'll be using anything different anytime soon. Lacy really has it together now.
    I like the drawer sliding out from the left side, the right side slide out can hold widgets or apps or shortcuts, cool stuff. Keeps my home screen clean save for the dock with just what I need real quick access to. Lots of other stuff.
    He has a new beta also that has a lot of Nougat features on it. Action Launcher is a win big time. Try it, nothing to lose. Nova is a fantastic launcher and maybe one of the highest rated and most downloaded. if you like gestures it is the king of gestures. It bores me after awhile tho. I like launchers that are unique. Nova used to be, not so much anymore. It's a great launcher for sure, but to each their own. This is whats so great and cool about android: launchers, launchers and more launchers. Like having a new and different device with each one. Start trying them out. Don't stick to one. You can set them up the way you like and save it. I've had up to ten saved and set how I like. Android never gets boring. I used to change them out a lot then action got updated so pretty happy for now.
    benjamminh, mobrules and sharkita like this.
    08-06-2016 10:08 PM
    I just like the way it looks. I'm so used to it switching or using another would feel weird.
    benjamminh likes this.
    08-06-2016 11:55 PM
    I always thought action was a crappy, slow and buggy launcher. After the latest update I don't think I'll be using anything different anytime soon. Lacy really has it together now.
    I like the drawer sliding out from the left side, the right side slide out can hold widgets or apps or shortcuts, cool stuff. Keeps my home screen clean save for the dock with just what I need real quick access to. Lots of other stuff.
    He has a new beta also that has a lot of Nougat features on it. Action Launcher is a win big time. Try it, nothing to lose. Nova is a fantastic launcher and maybe one of the highest rated and most downloaded. if you like gestures it is the king of gestures. It bores me after awhile tho. I like launchers that are unique. Nova used to be, not so much anymore. It's a great launcher for sure, but to each their own. This is whats so great and cool about android: launchers, launchers and more launchers. Like having a new and different device with each one. Start trying them out. Don't stick to one. You can set them up the way you like and save it. I've had up to ten saved and set how I like. Android never gets boring. I used to change them out a lot then action got updated so pretty happy for now.
    Wow that was a mouth full and thanks. Maybe one day I will try it, but I'm a pretty boring guy LOL. Really liking Nova right now and still learning it so well probably be using it for a while.
    08-07-2016 01:27 AM
    I changed the launcher to Nova Prime, but now my wallpaper won't center. Anyone else have this issue?
    08-08-2016 03:55 PM
    I changed the launcher to Nova Prime, but now my wallpaper won't center. Anyone else have this issue?
    I'm using a live wallpaper so couldn't tell you if it wasn't. How many screens do you have?
    08-08-2016 03:57 PM
    I just added a picture as my wallpaper to try it out. As set up I picked the middle of the photo and it worked. I use 3 screens.
    08-08-2016 04:00 PM
    I only had two screens, so that could have been the problem. I guess that you have to use the middle of three screens to get it centered.
    08-08-2016 04:04 PM
    I only had two screens, so that could have been the problem. I guess that you have to use the middle of three screens to get it centered.
    That was my first thought.
    grunt0300 likes this.
    08-08-2016 04:05 PM
    Thanks. That was it.
    08-08-2016 07:45 PM
    I have an MZF, but I thought I'd ask it in this thread. I'm using Action Launcher but the command center widget isn't in the widget list nor when I download it. The strange thing is it did work with the 2015 MXPE. Anyone using AL and have the command center widget working?
    08-10-2016 04:07 PM
    The launcher that comes with the phone says " Launcher 3". I have switched to Nova Prime for more flexibility, but both launchers have the command center widget. I've never used action launcher.
    08-12-2016 09:31 AM
    I've been using ADW since my first Moto Droid and it works great on my Moto Z
    08-12-2016 09:42 PM