Will this Z release be successful?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: Forum's dead how about a new thread? Will this Z release be successful?

To be fair you would really need to include the turbo 2 and droid Maxx with the X sales. Even then, I think the Z should exceed that.

(Dare I say that Motorola probably sold more DROID TURBO 2s than Moto X Styles, including PE)

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site

As for the forum being "dead" - are you watching all 3 related forums (Moto Z, Moto Z Droid, Moto Z Force Droid)? Seems like the one for the Z Force is the most active. I suspect while it's a Verizon exclusive, a lot of people are going to opt for the Zf, as $100 more gets you higher MP camera, shatterproof screen, and a larger battery.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site

Yes and the force seems to be the hotter item.

sfukr

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site

Is this thread dead because of lack of sales or because it's a problem free release?
I'm tempted to buy the Force version but would like to see more user reviews 1st. I'm also tempted to wait till the new Nexus 2016 are announced/released. Hearing that Verizon will sell the 2016 Nexus is a big concern. Not sure if Google will sell them direct anymore according to latest rumors/info.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site

Is this thread dead because of lack of sales or because it's a problem free release?
I'm tempted to buy the Force version but would like to see more user reviews 1st. I'm also tempted to wait till the new Nexus 2016 are announced/released. Hearing that Verizon will sell the 2016 Nexus is a big concern. Not sure if Google will sell them direct anymore according to latest rumors/info.

To me I don't think the Z is selling as well as it should, but I have no hard numbers to back that up. Just personal observations and my opinion. Now the "force" seems to be selling a lot better. It is easy to see that forum is much more chatty also. It's early and maybe when more mods come out things will pick up.
I'm in your situation as far as debating a new device to get. I like the specs of the force better especially the battery. Some are complaining about how easily the plastic screen scratches. That doesn't sound to good. I'd prefer glass myself as I'm easy on phones. If I were buying one today I'd consider the Z with the battery pac mod. I just don't like the idea of two pieces being held together. I'd much prefer a mono-block with the proper battery to begin with. Seems a dirt catcher between the pieces to me, also the added weight.
So I'm also waiting on the new Nexus devices and will see what they bring to the table.
Verizon selling the new Nexus makes me think updates will be slower coming, but don't know that, just their past history to go by.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site

To me I don't think the Z is selling as well as it should, but I have no hard numbers to back that up. Just personal observations and my opinion. Now the "force" seems to be selling a lot better. It is easy to see that forum is much more chatty also. It's early and maybe when more mods come out things will pick up.
I'm in your situation as far as debating a new device to get. I like the specs of the force better especially the battery. Some are complaining about how easily the plastic screen scratches. That doesn't sound to good. I'd prefer glass myself as I'm easy on phones. If I were buying one today I'd consider the Z with the battery pac mod. I just don't like the idea of two pieces being held together. I'd much prefer a mono-block with the proper battery to begin with. Seems a dirt catcher between the pieces to me, also the added weight.
So I'm also waiting on the new Nexus devices and will see what they bring to the table.
Verizon selling the new Nexus makes me think updates will be slower coming, but don't know that, just their past history to go by.

I haven't actually seen anyone say their screen on the Zf has scratches easily. It was mostly assumed so because that was the case on the Turbo2, which also had shattershield. They've supposedly tried to improve it. Time will tell if they have. Many, including myself, put a glass screen protector on just in case.

The mods hold on nice & tight. I can't see dirt collecting too much between the layers. Maybe around the edges a little, but it's super easy to pull the mod off & wipe it down. And if you'd prefer one with a big battery to begin with, that's the Z Force. It's easily a full day battery even for semi-heavy users.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site

@YAYTech, thanks, yeah the force is more on my radar just for the battery size alone. Gonna get some hands on with one soon.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2