I'm currently on Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas cruise ship. I'm using their Voom wifi and I'm constantly begin disconnected. I've turned off Avoid bad WiFi connections but I'm still getting disconnected all the time. I spoke to their staff and they don't have any technical people on board or via phone to help. The guy just kept saying it's a device issues. Really? I know that but it works perfectly fine on all other WiFi networks just not their's.

The phone will disconnect from their wifi when sleeping, even when using it sometimes the Internet will drop off. I've disconnected, logout of their wifi and rebooted the phone and nothing has solved the problem. Of course my Moto Z is the only one having the problem. The other people with me using my 4 device plan have Samsungs and iPhone and they work fine. So does my iPad and my laptop. And my Moto Z works fine when I create a hotspot off my laptop as well. It seems to be the worst when I am moving from place to place on the ship. Not as bad when I sit in one place but it still will drop sitting in one place and not moving.

Wondering if there any logs, apps places I could find information on why it drops the wifi.

Thanks
    08-07-2016 11:05 AM
    I'm currently on Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas cruise ship. I'm using their Voom wifi and I'm constantly begin disconnected. I've turned off Avoid bad WiFi connections but I'm still getting disconnected all the time. I spoke to their staff and they don't have any technical people on board or via phone to help. The guy just kept saying it's a device issues. Really? I know that but it works perfectly fine on all other WiFi networks just not their's.

The phone will disconnect from their wifi when sleeping, even when using it sometimes the Internet will drop off. I've disconnected, logout of their wifi and rebooted the phone and nothing has solved the problem. Of course my Moto Z is the only one having the problem. The other people with me using my 4 device plan have Samsungs and iPhone and they work fine. So does my iPad and my laptop. And my Moto Z works fine when I create a hotspot off my laptop as well. It seems to be the worst when I am moving from place to place on the ship. Not as bad when I sit in one place but it still will drop sitting in one place and not moving.

Wondering if there any logs, apps places I could find information on why it drops the wifi.

Thanks
    Open system settings > Wireless > Advanced. From there select the "always on" option to keep your WiFi on.
    08-07-2016 02:26 PM
    That was already checked and is set to always on. As I said it disconnects even when not sleeping. I've been just checking and connecting when it disconnects. But even then it can take 3-4 times to connect.
    08-07-2016 11:43 PM
    It's possible their wifi just sucks, which unfortunately you wouldn't be able to do anything about. All I know of to suggest to try on your device is a reboot, or a factory reset.
    08-08-2016 10:10 AM
    Yeah I tried a reboot no help. Not going to do a factory reset now since wifi sucks I will have a door stop. Nobody else is having the same problem.

I suspect the device is trying to check for something and their wifi or network is blocking it. But with no logs difficult to figure that out.
    08-08-2016 02:11 PM
    Does it connect sometimes and drop connection, or just refuse to connect properly to begin with?
    08-08-2016 02:31 PM
    It connects and then randomly drops. Then if I go back to wifi setting and tap the SSID it will sometimes connect right away or sometimes it tries and fails multiple times and then connects and then randomly drops again. So I've just been checking phone periodically and when if it's disconnected I will reconnect.

Quite annoying because everyone else is having zero problems.
    08-09-2016 04:32 PM