Android Auto / Moto Z problem

sajonf

Aug 9, 2016
Visit site
Is anyone able to get Android Auto to work? I get an "unsupported device" error when I connect to my Kenwood DDX9903S USB port. Curious if anyone else is having similar issues. Thanks!

Losingit

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Did you ever get this resolved? I am unable to get AA to work with my Moto Z Force. It will charge when plugged in to radio but the AA app doesn't recognize the radio and the radio doesn't recognize the phone as being plugged in. :-

wckesq

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
My Z Play works fine with AA. Make sure that USB connection is set to file transfer mode instead of charging only. If still doesn't work, try a different cable. I have a 2016 Honda Civic with factory AA built in.

Losingit

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I've tried various cables, changing USB mode, the radio just doesn't see the phone and the phone doesn't see the radio. It will charge it, plays BT audio, BT phone calls, etc... Just no AA. :(

What cable are you using?

sajonf

Aug 9, 2016
Visit site
I never could get it to work with the aftermarket Kenwood I had but it works like a champ in my new Chevy with MyLink and the OEM cable.

moonf

Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
hi, I have a same probleme with moto Z and opel astra -_- I connect moto Z by cable, it charge but nothing :'(
Have you got a solution since ?

marktrav44

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I have a 2016 chevy truck and a moto z play and mine works no problem with an aukey cable. My roommate has a 2017 chevy sedan and a moto z Droid edition and his works with a cable he bought at target.

Zippyfear

May 28, 2017
Visit site
Ok, so I messed with mine for a few hours before I figured it out. Updated the APK for Google Play, firmware, changed cables, and it still showed Unsupported Device - Finally I realized there was 2 ports on the device. Once I switched the connection to the other USB port, it worked like a charm! Hope that's helpful for someone.

Jnorris4965

Aug 31, 2017
Visit site
Someone mentioned changing UsB mode...how do I do that...is it a way to change the purpose of the usb cable?

I have new notifications z play. 2017 sonata. Doesn't even register when I plug into usb. I downloaded AA and it shows on phone. But doesn't register on car/radio. I replaced the cable.. purchase directly from Verizon. Dealer said need new phone...it is a new phone. Help!!!

Bclaire_53

Sep 1, 2017
Visit site
My AA connection is inconsistent in my 2016 VW Jetta. Lately, I'm getting the message about not being able to connect to Mirror Link. What's up with that? Guidance, please.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz