Turning off demo mode on Moto Z

Hydro Surfer

Aug 8, 2018
Visit site
I am going to have the same issue. You can buy the retail models of the phones on eBay for really cheap. Once you, well, if you can disable the retail or demo mode you have then gotten a really good smartphone for cheap. I’ve been told that some companies or stores offer the demo devices to their employees as tokens of thanks or as like a sort of bonus or reward.

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Good question.

I did wonder why the OP had a phone that was in Demo mode to begin with. Stolen perhaps?

While stolen could be an option, it's not likely at this point. I doubt there would have been a "store display" left on display for a nearly 2 year old phone.

My kids have enabled it on one of my tablets before too. I wound up reinstalling the system on it. I didn't mind, it was starting to act up before that anyways.

edit: well... that'll teach me to not look at the dates. Someone dug this one up :p

Davy jones7

Mar 6, 2019
Visit site
Thats easy go to system then go to buildnr and tap it 5 times and now your a developer and now you have a new menu called developer options ... Enter the menu scroll till you see demomodus select it and turn it off any more qeustions 😉