What microSD card are you using with your Moto Z/Moto Z Force?

TwoBuells

Aug 13, 2016
Visit site
I'm using the old 64gb Sandisk from my older Razr M. I bought a new Sandisk 64gb card and cannot get my Pictures and Music copied over. I've tried formating every which way and no luck. I have a few 64gb cards, mostly Sandisk and one Samsung and none of them work for me. I even tried to format from the command prompt and from the phone with no luck. I've bought many cards from eBay, all new, but they are all have bad FAT's even after a fresh format.
I have a backup copy of my card on a external drive and copy to my laptop's card slot with an adapter and sometimes strait to the phone, and get "can't read file or SD card errors.

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Are you using adoptable or as a regular SD card?
I bought a 200gb SanDisk Ultra off Amazon for $78.69. Might not be the fastest card but for the capacity and price was the best I could find. It seems to be fast enough for what I use it for. It says it's a class 10. But how honestly I have no idea the differences, nor do I care.

I decided to use it as regular storage to be able to move stuff easier. I'm thinking I might make it adaptable down the road. Not sure I can even do that (switch it from regular to adaptable).

Edit: Just looked on Amazon and Lexar has a 200gb card for about the same price.

mlc48

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
Wanted to use the micro XD for photos and moving to MAC. But put the bumper case on and cannot get to the slot.! Need to rethink.

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Before I returned my Note I filled out the welcome gift form from Samsung. So my 256gb card is shipped and I'm using my 32gb Samsung from a great Best Buy sale until it arrives. I'll use it as regular portable as on my Z I used it as adoptable and when I pulled it out all half my apps were missing. It's just easier the other way.

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Some people have decent luck with adoptable storage, but overall I'm not going to worry with it. Just put media on the SD card and apps on internal.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Some people have decent luck with adoptable storage, but overall I'm not going to worry with it. Just put media on the SD card and apps on internal.

Doesn't work for some folks that download a lot of apps, but that works for me. I set Play Music and Photos to save to the card. Those are the main things that eat up my space, photos, videos, and offline and cached music. :)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Adoptable Storage means the card gets incorporated into the device's Internal Storage. This allows you to expand the number of apps you can install. It also requires a fast-enough card, so if the card is too slow, the system will warn you that performance might be hindered. The speed of the card doesn't matter as much for Portable Storage (which is the conventional external SD card storage mode).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae