Switched from Note 7

05GT

May 15, 2011
Visit site
You mean battery life is worst than the regular Moto Z?

Yes battery life in my T-Mobile Note 7 was way worse than my Moto Z that was averaging about 4-4.5 hours of SOT. I'd be lucky to get 3-3.5 with the N7.

My Verizon N7 on the other hand averaged about 5 hours or so of SOT.

mhettrich

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Had the note and sent mine back because of the recall. I picked up a G4 Plus in the meantime and I'm really liking it. I think I'll likely get an unlocked Moto Z when it releases.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Had the note and sent mine back because of the recall. I picked up a G4 Plus in the meantime and I'm really liking it. I think I'll likely get an unlocked Moto Z when it releases.

Which carrier are you on? If Verizon, they're not making any Z's that will be compatible with Verizon aside from the Droid versions.

daisyd1224

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
Got the z force to replace my note 7. You know the stories why. I've had Samsung for about 5 years and Motorola before that so it was an easy decision. Even though they are owned by someone else. Lol. But it's like I forgot everything. No galley for photos (I figured that one out), only 2 screens to swipe between ( still figuring that one out) and where is the swipe to answer the phone option?! Lol. I'll get there. This is a decent phone and at least I'll sleep better knowing I won't wake up to a fire. Maybe next year I'll try the note again. It's my preference. But I knew I didn't want apple.

Last edited:

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Got the z force to replace my note 7. You know the stories why. I've had Samsung for about 5 years and Motorola before that so it was an easy decision. Even though they are owned by someone else. Lol. But it's like I forgot everything. No galley for photos (I figured that one out), only 2 screens to swipe between ( still figuring that one out) and where is the swipe to answer the phone option?! Lol. I'll get there. This is a decent phone and at least I'll sleep better knowing I won't wake up to a fire. Maybe next year I'll try the note again. It's my preference. But I knew I didn't want apple.
Welcome.

daisyd1224

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
I was wondering, this is a bit different than a Samsung, when you have Facebook app on is there a way to get the notifications to show up on the icon? I think Gmail is that way too. I used to see a notification symbol on the icons. Not a big deal I guess. I've checked and rechecked and all my notifications are on. I get message notifications.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I was wondering, this is a bit different than a Samsung, when you have Facebook app on is there a way to get the notifications to show up on the icon? I think Gmail is that way too. I used to see a notification symbol on the icons. Not a big deal I guess. I've checked and rechecked and all my notifications are on. I get message notifications.

I'm assuming that must be a part of the Touchwiz interface/launcher on Samsung. There might be a launcher you could download that would do that.

daisyd1224

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
Yeah I'm still looking. I've tried a couple but haven't quite settled on one. This is a good solid phone though. I didn't think I'd like it as much as I do but was tired of the whole Samsung note 7 thing and not much to choose from right now. It's just a learning curve . Not building a space ship or anything. Lol.

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I find it interesting and telling how many people apparently are going to switch from the Note 7 to the new iPhone. Totally different OS and very different in functionality and focus.

wckesq

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I don't think you can with the native launcher. I use Nova Launcher and the Tesla Unread App. It does it just fine.

daisyd1224

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
That's exactly what I wanted. Still missing the LED notification but learning to live without it. I tried no led app. It's not bad but not quite there. But the nova and tesla unread works perfect. Thank you.

ezekielguy86

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
I too returned my Note 7. I was looking at the Moto to begin with but went with Note for the yearly upgrade thing. Now I have a problem buying phones. This year alone I've had Moto X Pure, Nexus 6p, G5, Axon 7, Note 7, Moto Z Force, and now Moto Z.

Don't know why I haven't started a YouTube channel lol. I really liked the Note 7s feel in the had. The curves help with a large phone in the hand. The Galaxy line is known to have good cameras and the Note delivered. But the phone was very laggy. It was crazy how much it lagged. Now after I disabled the crazy amount of bloatware and turned animations off it started running much more appropriate.

In the in I only returned it for couple reasons. Price its expensive as crap, recall of the battery, fear of the value dropping because of the recall.

Bought the Z Force first and really liked it. Much faster out the box than the Note. Crazy fast if you disable unneeded apps and turn off animations. Happy with the display, battery life, camera, and front speaker.

Ended up with the Moto Z because I found a brand new in the box on craigslist for $350. Decided the very similar too me camera, smaller battery, and gorilla glass screen sounded appealing for the savings.

I really like the phone and the mod options. I will get the JBL speaker and maybe a battery mod when I see a good deal. For the phone having only a 2600mah battery it gets me thru the day fine. Plus I always have some type of charger near me as well as the battery mod option available. I cannot get over how thin the phone is and it will be hard to get a thicker phone after this.

In the end I highly recommend either of the Zs as I feel you won't be disappointed.