10-10-2016 01:55 PM
32 12
tools
    I use the Google now widget and put it anywhere I want it. Also make a one finger swipe gesture open Google search. Attachment 241853
    Yeah, for me it's just not the same though. I really like the full Google Now on the GNL launcher.
    10-09-2016 05:07 PM
    Yeah, for me it's just not the same though. I really like the full Google Now on the GNL launcher.
    I've tried both the GNL & the Pixel launcher. What is it about the Google Now screen that you find overcomes the lack of customization options?

I've really tried a couple of times to give them an honest chance. I just have a hard time letting go of all the Nova options. I always turn on infinite scroll, change the grid to 7 by 7, and set up several gestures.
    10-10-2016 06:08 AM
    I just like the clean look of GNL. I use Google Now a fair bit for news, sports scores etc too and like that it's just a swipe away.

I've been with Android a long time and used Nova a lot over the years and it feels to me that it hasn't aged well. I really don't like the pop up menu that appears every time an icon is pressed for example.

I am a Nova Prime buyer so sometimes I go back to it to have a look but it doesn't give the benefits that I used to enjoy out of it especially when I used to use it to get stock look on a none stock device and to hide unwanted apps from the app drawer. Icon spacing doesn't bother me in GNL (I see you use 7x7 which personally I find too cluttered for example) and I also hate most of the showy screen transitions so they don't get switched on. I rarely use full icon packs because I have never found one that seems to be consistent enough and has everything, making the home screen look a mess at times.
    Connert likes this.
    10-10-2016 08:38 AM
    I just like the clean look of GNL. I use Google Now a fair bit for news, sports scores etc too and like that it's just a swipe away.

I've been with Android a long time and used Nova a lot over the years and it feels to me that it hasn't aged well. I really don't like the pop up menu that appears every time an icon is pressed for example.

I am a Nova Prime buyer so sometimes I go back to it to have a look but it doesn't give the benefits that I used to enjoy out of it especially when I used to use it to get stock look on a none stock device and to hide unwanted apps from the app drawer. Icon spacing doesn't bother me in GNL (I see you use 7x7 which personally I find too cluttered for example) and I also hate most of the showy screen transitions so they don't get switched on. I rarely use full icon packs because I have never found one that seems to be consistent enough and has everything, making the home screen look a mess at times.
    10-10-2016 08:38 AM
    Thanks for the answer, which Btw highlights the reason I enjoy Android so much. We can all have our devices set up the way we like them.
    10-10-2016 09:09 AM
    Nothing Fancy
    Moto Z/Moto Z Force: What's your home screen looking like?-screenshot_20161006-212338.jpg
    Moto Z/Moto Z Force: What's your home screen looking like?-screenshot_20161006-212332.jpg
    Moto Z/Moto Z Force: What's your home screen looking like?-screenshot_20161006-212343.jpg
    leetrevor81 likes this.
    10-10-2016 11:14 AM
    Thanks for the answer, which Btw highlights the reason I enjoy Android so much. We can all have our devices set up the way we like them.
    No problem, and exactly what you say. Android very much suits an each to their own mentality.
    10-10-2016 01:55 PM
32 12