Moto Z/Moto Z Force: What's your home screen looking like?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Basic for now.

FmFnSLB.png

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
This is normally a very busy thread on the forums. I always enjoy seeing ideas from other users. I always seem to pick up on a good idea or two. So, I'm posting mine to bump this and maybe others will join in and share. 1474196452736.jpg

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Come on now, if you're going to post, one should indicate the launcher, the name of the icon pack, and the names of any widgets being used.

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Come on now, if you're going to post, one should indicate the launcher, the name of the icon pack, and the names of any widgets being used.
You're right, I wasn't thinking clearly (still on the first cup of coffee). I'm a big fan of Nova Prime due to all the options that just make things more efficient. The icons are "Smoke and Glass" and the clock is "My Alarm Clock Pro". The desktop is from Zedge.

leetrevor81

Sep 4, 2015
Visit site
MotoZ.jpg

I usually keep my phones with a stock look :) I have used google widgets, and the google now launcher. I couldn't tell you the exact site I found my wallpaper but I found it by googling 'google earth wallpapers'

I love google earth wallpapers

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I installed the new Google Pixel Launcher and wallpaper selector on my Z Force. I'm digging the new wallpaper selector, which lets you choose from a few category of wallpaper feeds that update the wallpaper a couple times a day (with a setting to only let it do so on WiFi). They have some beautiful wallpapers.

Unfortunately I didn't find any way to set the Pixel launcher to do 5x5 icon grid on the home screen, so I went back to Nova Prime. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the wallpaper feed I'd chosen was still working! I have to switch back to the Pixel launcher temporarily any time I want to adjust the wallpaper settings, but I'm really enjoying some fresh photos a couple times a day. :)

I like to fit all my icons onto one desktop in folders that make sense to me.

Phone desktop.jpg

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
A few comments on things I have on my desktop above (ran out of time when posting before).
- I like to keep my common use apps out of folders. This includes Play Music (I always bluetooth stream while driving, and fairly often play via ChromeCast at home), Quicken (love putting in receipts for eating out, etc, right away so I don't have to put them in later), LastPass (love using this on my laptop & desktop with fingerprint scanners, and love it much more on the phone now that I have a fingerprint scanner), and Fuelio (fuel economy & car maintenance tracking).
- I have a few common use apps that are in folders, because I usually open them via notifications, such as Facebook.
- Memrise (learning Spanish) just didn't really fit in a folder category. It might get stuck in a folder if I have something else I want 1-click access to later
- Love some of the widgets, including the Verizon data remaining widget (bottom left), Google Docs scanning, quick call for my wife, and our shared shopping list Google Doc. I also really like the reminder widgets for Inbox, but for lack of space put them (one for biz email account, one for personal) in the email folder
- Clicking the Google search bar gets me into Google Now. I kinda miss swiping over to it, but for the extra row & columb I was willing to give that up from the Google Now launcher in favor of Nova Prime.
- If it wasn't for Moto's twist to launch, I wouldn't have the camera app in a folder, but found I rarely open it with the app icon, so I stuck the Google Cardboard Camera icon with the regular camera icon.

daisyd1224

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
You're right, I wasn't thinking clearly (still on the first cup of coffee). I'm a big fan of Nova Prime due to all the options that just make things more efficient. The icons are "Smoke and Glass" and the clock is "My Alarm Clock Pro". The desktop is from Zedge.
. I ended up getting the smoke and glass icons after I saw them on your screen. Love them!

daisyd1224

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
image.jpg
I have no idea if I did this right. Lol. I'm relearning a lot of things. I was with Samsung for over 5 years and it's amazing how different android phones can be. Still playing with nova to get a look I want.

daisyd1224

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
I'm also trying to figure all the launcher language like drawers, paddings, card background, ect. I'll get there. Just a different experience from what I had gotten used to. But loving this phone!

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
1474588268296.jpg Action Launcher 3. Using material dark theme. Never liked pictures or images as a background so dark suits me.
I added settings and lock/unlock homescreen in the top task bar menu.

Got rid of the Google image in the launch bar and added a shortcut to text messages. Each icon at the bottom has about 4-10 app short cuts that I can access swiping up or quick double tap.

I also made the screen 6x5 for the grid and the dock 6 across the bottom.

Last edited:

MartinMPL

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
In case anyone didn't know Google's System UI tuner is available on this phone.

Simply hold down the settings cog until it spins and let it go. There should then be a little spanner next to it.

Go into settings menu and System UI Tuner should be right at the bottom. You can rearrange quick settings or make your own quick settings.

It's not the most useful feature but it is a setting I expected to be removed.

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I always enjoy the darker screens, mostly for battery life. So having a new leather style shell I was looking for something to match. Couldn't find anything I really liked so I used my leather back and made my own. 1475929986349.jpg

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Nice! What weather app are you using?

Thanks
Beweather Pro, I think it's on sale for $1.99 right now. Not only do I enjoy the home screen widget, I really like how well the app is designed. Also the ability to change the default radar view.

Edit: Also, if I tap the time it opens my alarm app and tapping the weather (clouds here) opens the actual weather app. All of which can be changed by tapping on the location which opens the widget settings.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc