Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Picture Perfect: The New Moto Z Play and Hasselblad True Zoom - The Official Motorola Blog

Moto Z Play: Ultimate Battery, Unlimited Possibilities

Featuring a thin, lightweight design with a solid aluminum frame and elegant glass back, Moto Z Play packs up to 50 hours of battery life1 with Moto’s longest-lasting battery ever, allowing you to play for days without stopping to recharge. Burn through your 50 hours? No problem - power up fast with TurboPower charging: up to 9 hours in just 15 minutes.2

Moto Z Play also offers an ultra-smooth 2.0 GHz octa-core processor, a stunning 5.5” 1080p HD Super AMOLED display and 3GB RAM of memory so you can play games, stream video and multitask without missing a beat. Shoot beautifully sharp photos - day or night - with a 16MP laser autofocus camera, and go from selfies to groupies instantly with the wide-angle, front-facing camera with LED flash.

Moto Z Play will be available globally beginning in September; find it in Europe for about 499€4. In the US it will be available on Motorola.com and Verizon as Moto Z Play Droid Edition for $408 ($17/month) on September 8. Moto Z and Moto Z Play will be available in the US in GSM unlocked versions beginning in October. Moto Z will be available unlocked for $699.99 and Moto Z Play will be available unlocked for $449.99.

312MotoGus

Aug 17, 2015
Visit site
Hard part: deciding between the Z and the Z Play. Love the bigger battery in the Z Play, but the screen resolution is lower.

Way Way Harder part: convincing my wife that I should buy one of these when my MXPE is still good. (Love the Pure too much to have a "terrible accident" with it a couple months from now.)

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
IMO, 1080p is fine unless you're using it for VR. Not that I mind higher resolution, but studies show that at a certain point around 720-1080p, few if any users can tell the difference, as long as it's a good quality display. That's not so true when it's right up by your face for VR...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty