10-12-2016 07:21 PM
51 123
tools
    It is definitely not Photoshopped. I received this email from Moto today with coupon codes for a free battery mod or speaker mod.
    benjamminh likes this.
    09-07-2016 07:57 PM
    Mod note: Merging with the other post.
    mobrules and SpookDroid like this.
    09-07-2016 08:02 PM
    It is definitely not Photoshopped. I received this email from Moto today with coupon codes for a free battery mod or speaker mod.
    I'd love one of those codes. That's really great for you!
    mobrules likes this.
    09-07-2016 08:04 PM
    That would be nice. How can I get in that deal?
    benjamminh likes this.
    09-07-2016 08:11 PM
    I got it too, but it's useless to me since I don't use Verizon.
    09-07-2016 09:28 PM
    I got it too, but it's useless to me since I don't use Verizon.
    If you'd like to share, I would gratefully use it.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-07-2016 10:04 PM
    If you'd like to share, I would gratefully use it.
    Sorry, but I already deleted the email.
    09-07-2016 10:42 PM
    For a limited time, get Incipio offGRID Power Pack for free when you purchase Moto Z Droid.* Use this promo code at checkout: MOTOZPOWER
    For a limited time, get JBL SoundBoost Speaker on us, when you buy Moto Z Force Droid.* Use this promo code at checkout: MOTOZSOUND
    benjamminh and SpookDroid like this.
    09-07-2016 10:51 PM
    Told everyone the phone was crap.

scratches if you breath on it.

About as laggy as a $200 pos android phone

2.7 burst into flames every day.

Pile of junk not worth more then $450 if it does not catch fire.
    09-07-2016 11:55 PM
    For a limited time, get Incipio offGRID Power Pack for free when you purchase Moto Z Droid.* Use this promo code at checkout: MOTOZPOWER
    For a limited time, get JBL SoundBoost Speaker on us, when you buy Moto Z Force Droid.* Use this promo code at checkout: MOTOZSOUND
    Thanks. Already bought a Z Force with a free speaker mod and $200 off. I thought it might be something else.
    09-08-2016 06:23 AM
    lol. Here come the whiners.

But not a good look Motorola.
    lol...how is it not a good look, samsung pretty much focus their mobile marketing on what they have/do that the iphone doesn't do
    09-08-2016 02:27 PM
    lol...how is it not a good look, samsung pretty much focus their mobile marketing on what they have/do that the iphone doesn't do
    There's a difference between poking fun at a copy-cat feature, lacking feature, or common user experience (like running out of space) VS downplaying the company for bigger issues (like Antennagate, Touch Disease, Bendgate, etc.) . Not saying it's not a fun thing to do, it's just not classy.
    Here's an example of how a Samsung ad poked fun at Apple's Bendgate, but while they poke fun at the issue, they never say 'unlike other companies' or mention the iPhone in any way.
    libra89 likes this.
    09-08-2016 03:14 PM
    Guys, it's not real. I got the same ad in the my email (which doesn't have the photo shopped text in it)
    Nope, it's very real. I, too, got the same ad in my email, and it includes the text exactly as SpookDroid's post shows it.
    09-08-2016 03:40 PM
    I'm sorry but it is very real. Got it from Motorola on their distro list. Not photoshopped at all, promise.
    I concur, I got the same ad in a promo email.
    09-08-2016 04:00 PM
    Same here.
    09-08-2016 04:25 PM
    Anyone getting 2013-2014 Samsung ad vibes from this?

Kinda reminds me of the older Samsung ads, where it was kinda obvious that they are mocking Apple, like the "Bend to those who are worthy" Note 3 ad. Still kinda chuckling to that ad.

Maybe Moto hired someone who used to work for Samsung's marketing department? xD

IMO, maybe it's not such a good thing to make fun of what could've ended badly, but if they left out "unlike other companies", perhaps it would've been somewhat classy.
    SpookDroid likes this.
    09-08-2016 06:56 PM
    Anyone getting 2013-2014 Samsung ad vibes from this?

Kinda reminds me of the older Samsung ads, where it was kinda obvious that they are mocking Apple, like the "Bend to those who are worthy" Note 3 ad. Still kinda chuckling to that ad.

Maybe Moto hired someone who used to work for Samsung's marketing department? xD

IMO, maybe it's not such a good thing to make fun of what could've ended badly, but if they left out "unlike other companies", perhaps it would've been somewhat classy.
    what is so wrong with "unlike other companies" even if they didn't say it u knew who they were talking about the same way we knew samsung was talking about apple... I guess i'm the only one not getting what's so bad about this, another mod/admin said the same exact thing as u
    09-08-2016 11:58 PM
    @spookdroid but u knew exactly who they were talking about... I think I even remember on some samsung ads they alluded to apple by mentioning "a fruit" or something like that

me personally I think they should've came out and just said samsung in their ad drum up as much controversy as possible but turn the attention to their phones in the process while samsung is somewhat down
    09-09-2016 12:01 AM
    what is so wrong with "unlike other companies" even if they didn't say it u knew who they were talking about the same way we knew samsung was talking about apple... I guess i'm the only one not getting what's so bad about this, another mod/admin said the same exact thing as u
    It just makes it more obvious and may come off as a bit of a direct shot.

Oh well, companies do this at times, so it's not like I'm angry or anything. I just think that this could have gone better.

And I don't think they should put Samsung in there by name. That just looks like they're attacking them.
    09-09-2016 12:02 AM
    Moto..........................You a savage bruh
    09-09-2016 05:24 AM
    The New ad says forget the 7's and try the new Z All's fair in Love and mobile device sales lol
    benjamminh likes this.
    09-15-2016 08:30 PM
    Speaking of jabs at IPhone, has anyone seen this?

Basically the premise is, it's a focus group for iphone lovers, they ask them about the new iphone, the focus group respond saying the upgrades made are a bit boring. They then show them the moto z with moto mods, initially convincing the group that it's a prototype for a new iphone
    09-16-2016 12:07 PM
    That is a great ad. Apple always advertises itself as the Hip , Elite phone that you have to have if you're anyone of importance. In my mind thier updates are pretty tame and non inventive. The Moto is an awesome phone that truly broke ground on the mods.
    benjamminh likes this.
    09-18-2016 12:30 PM
    Let your Samsung rest comfortably in your pocket as it catches fire next to your twins...
    09-24-2016 10:34 AM
    How am I just now seeing this? Ha In any case, other manufacturers are going to continue to throw jabs, but this second recall is like Samsung putting the nail in their own coffin.
    10-11-2016 12:06 AM
51 123