Nice jab, Moto... Sleazy, but nice.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure that Samsung has better turnaround time for repair or refurbished devices though. I waited a month for Moto to send me a MXPE that worked properly when I sent my dead device back last April.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure that Samsung has better turnaround time for repair or refurbished devices though. I waited a month for Moto to send me a MXPE that worked properly when I sent my dead device back last April.

Yeah, Moto seems to have a mixed bag when it comes to Customer Service. When my 1st Gen Moto360 cracked (finally), they honored the replacement even though it was no longer in warranty and they shipped it within 3 days. I even got to keep the charger, which now I use as a spare travel one :)

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
No wonder they are so behind in software updates, and even reneged on promised software updates... They spend all their time testing batteries.

wirelessgal

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Oy Moto! I'm sure other manufacturers will do the same. Moto struck first. I'm surprised LG didn't strike first by using their removable battery. Kinda immature what Moto did but at the same time it is kinda funny.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Hey, it's fair game. Over the years Samsung has taken jabs at their competitors as well.

When your on top, everyone is waiting for a weakness to exploit

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Hey, it's fair game. Over the years Samsung has taken jabs at their competitors as well.

When your on top, everyone is waiting for a weakness to exploit

I didn't say it wasn't fair :p It's still sleazy haha. There are...ummm... classier ways of doing it. If they had left out the 'unlike other manufacturers', then it would have been a classy punch.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
That's just funny.

I am a big fan of both Samsung and the Motorola droids, i wondered how long it would take for another company to take a jab!

No one can say Samsung ignored the problem, I have a great deal of respect for Samsung for the recall.

But come on, funny is funny!

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
That's just funny.

I am a big fan of both Samsung and the Motorola droids, i wondered how long it would take for another company to take a jab!

No one can say Samsung ignored the problem, I have a great deal of respect for Samsung for the recall.

But come on, funny is funny!

Are you switching to the 7 Plus? I thought you had a 6 plus before going to the Note.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I have to admit, the ad made me smile. I like Motorola a ton, so I can appreciate why they take pride in their product. That being said, Samsung didn't fail and get sold to Google and then immediately flipped to Lenovo, so.......

Viscomi4444

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
After the droid raze, I told myself I will never buy another Motorola product again. I know that's not fair but I dont care. That phone was a complete nightmare. You name it, it had it. None of their phones are ahead of the pack.