Nice jab, Moto... Sleazy, but nice.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Anyone getting 2013-2014 Samsung ad vibes from this?

Kinda reminds me of the older Samsung ads, where it was kinda obvious that they are mocking Apple, like the "Bend to those who are worthy" Note 3 ad. Still kinda chuckling to that ad.

Maybe Moto hired someone who used to work for Samsung's marketing department? xD

IMO, maybe it's not such a good thing to make fun of what could've ended badly, but if they left out "unlike other companies", perhaps it would've been somewhat classy.

Stevenmc8602

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Anyone getting 2013-2014 Samsung ad vibes from this?

Kinda reminds me of the older Samsung ads, where it was kinda obvious that they are mocking Apple, like the "Bend to those who are worthy" Note 3 ad. Still kinda chuckling to that ad.

Maybe Moto hired someone who used to work for Samsung's marketing department? xD

IMO, maybe it's not such a good thing to make fun of what could've ended badly, but if they left out "unlike other companies", perhaps it would've been somewhat classy.

what is so wrong with "unlike other companies" even if they didn't say it u knew who they were talking about the same way we knew samsung was talking about apple... I guess i'm the only one not getting what's so bad about this, another mod/admin said the same exact thing as u

Stevenmc8602

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
@spookdroid but u knew exactly who they were talking about... I think I even remember on some samsung ads they alluded to apple by mentioning "a fruit" or something like that

me personally I think they should've came out and just said samsung in their ad drum up as much controversy as possible but turn the attention to their phones in the process while samsung is somewhat down

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
what is so wrong with "unlike other companies" even if they didn't say it u knew who they were talking about the same way we knew samsung was talking about apple... I guess i'm the only one not getting what's so bad about this, another mod/admin said the same exact thing as u
It just makes it more obvious and may come off as a bit of a direct shot.

Oh well, companies do this at times, so it's not like I'm angry or anything. I just think that this could have gone better.

And I don't think they should put Samsung in there by name. That just looks like they're attacking them.

leetrevor81

Sep 4, 2015
Visit site
Speaking of jabs at IPhone, has anyone seen this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQcIzfdm8U4

Basically the premise is, it's a focus group for iphone lovers, they ask them about the new iphone, the focus group respond saying the upgrades made are a bit boring. They then show them the moto z with moto mods, initially convincing the group that it's a prototype for a new iphone

travaz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
That is a great ad. Apple always advertises itself as the Hip , Elite phone that you have to have if you're anyone of importance. In my mind thier updates are pretty tame and non inventive. The Moto is an awesome phone that truly broke ground on the mods.

Leilan

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
How am I just now seeing this? Ha In any case, other manufacturers are going to continue to throw jabs, but this second recall is like Samsung putting the nail in their own coffin.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power