I'm a big fan of keeping my phone case free. Currently I'm using the included style mod (the black material one) when I'm out and about but at home I'm taking it off.

Is anyone using their Moto Z naked all the time and if so, how is the back holding up, any scratches?
    09-17-2016 09:37 AM
    I'm a big fan of keeping my phone case free. Currently I'm using the included style mod (the black material one) when I'm out and about but at home I'm taking it off.

Is anyone using their Moto Z naked all the time and if so, how is the back holding up, any scratches?
    I get too nervous going case free, luckily the moto z I got from Clove had a plastic bumper to protect the sides. At first I was tempted to just use the style mod and no protection on the sides, but I'm just too paranoid I'm gonna drop and scratch up my expensive phone I guess Plus I generally sell phones to subsidize the cost of buying new ones so want it to remain in mint condition

I'm really hoping there are some good quality 3rd party bumpers released that let you swap out the mods without removing the bumper, because the one I got with the phone is a little loose. Also it's a hard plastic material, i'd prefer a grippier rubber type bumper

Back to your question, I have the black nylon style shell as well and no scratches as yet
    09-17-2016 12:45 PM
    Yeah, I'm not using the bumper the one in the box is a bit cheap.

I think this phone would be perfect for a skin, it's pretty flat so application will be easy plus it won't interfere with the mods.
    09-17-2016 01:49 PM
    I can't really use a case because I'm constantly taking the incipio wireless charging mod on and off every day. Does anyone know if there are any bumpers out there that still let you use mods?
    09-21-2016 01:43 PM
    Well the UK version direct from Lenovo ships with a bumper that doesn't curve over the back so I guess third party case makers will catch on.
    09-21-2016 02:32 PM
    I can't really use a case because I'm constantly taking the incipio wireless charging mod on and off every day. Does anyone know if there are any bumpers out there that still let you use mods?
    Yes, Verizon sells bumper cases that let you take mods on & off with it installed.
    09-21-2016 04:01 PM
    Yes, Verizon sells bumper cases that let you take mods on & off with it installed.
    No good for those that aren't in the USA and want a better quality bumper than the one included in the box I have an incipio dual pro, and tech 21 case on the way. I'll just remove the cases when I need to use the mods, Despite how thin the Z is, I haven't had to use the battery mod, so I won't need to remove the cases often to use the mods
    09-21-2016 11:47 PM
    No good for those that aren't in the USA and want a better quality bumper than the one included in the box I have an incipio dual pro, and tech 21 case on the way. I'll just remove the cases when I need to use the mods, Despite how thin the Z is, I haven't had to use the battery mod, so I won't need to remove the cases often to use the mods
    Hmm, I wonder why my battery life is so bad. Without the battery mod my phone consistently dies by 2 pm. And we're only talking like an hour or two of screen on time and no heavy use. I've always had bad luck with battery life, even with the massive 3900 mah in the droid turbo.
    09-22-2016 02:11 PM
    Hmm, I wonder why my battery life is so bad. Without the battery mod my phone consistently dies by 2 pm. And we're only talking like an hour or two of screen on time and no heavy use. I've always had bad luck with battery life, even with the massive 3900 mah in the droid turbo.
    Sounds like you've got some apps that are running hard in the background. Have you done anything to look into that possibility?
    09-22-2016 02:55 PM
    Sounds like you've got some apps that are running hard in the background. Have you done anything to look into that possibility?
    I've done as much as I can without root, which is extremely limited. I miss wakelock detector and better battery stats. My list under battery stats is pretty normal, no apps near the top.
    09-22-2016 02:59 PM
    I've done as much as I can without root, which is extremely limited. I miss wakelock detector and better battery stats. My list under battery stats is pretty normal, no apps near the top.
    Did you restore from backup during setup? I had a similar problem and after doing clean setup and reinstalling apps everything was good.
    09-22-2016 04:11 PM