I'm coming to the Moto Z from a Huawei P9 the latter is my daily driver and I like it except for it's battery life and some Huawei quirks ('ve ditched their launcher for Nova so it's not that just the way some things work).

I picked up the Z from ebay and deciding if I want to hang on to it - I love it's speed, I love the Moto enhancements to stock etc.

Thus far two things are bugging me...the stripped down camera app that is the Moto stock camera and the lack of gallery app as I don't always have wifi for Google Photos and don't like how it sorts photos I haven't quite got a handle on how I tell the Z to put the photos on my SD card.

(NB: I do wish I could have a phone that had a mash up of some of the little but good features I've loved on various phones I've owned like Moto notifications (yes I know there are apps for this but I've never found them as good), Moto's twist to launch the camera, some of the Huawei camera features, Sony's small apps from their phones, Huawei's knuckle rap to take a screen shot ...but hey ho).

Thoughts/help/comments welcome.

THANK YOU.
    10-20-2016 04:59 AM
    On Google Photos, you can view photos based on your local folders by swiping in from the left and tapping Device Folders. The downside is that you can't do this by default.
    10-20-2016 08:45 AM
    I just got the Moto Z to replace my explosive Note7, and I love it. I really HATE Google Photos app though. I wish there was a decent replacement.
    10-20-2016 10:39 PM
    I just got the Moto Z to replace my explosive Note7, and I love it. I really HATE Google Photos app though. I wish there was a decent replacement.
    I don't use this one but I hear it's good: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...m.franco.focus
    10-20-2016 10:53 PM
    I also did not like it. QuickPic works great for me.
    10-21-2016 09:08 PM
    Thanks am looking at the suggested apps, I don't like the Quick Pics interface much so far.

I'm also not convinced about the phone... Yes it's faster than the p9, yes the moto actions are lovely but it's making me realise what I do like about the p9 which is a cheap alternative to the moto z at UK prices .... The greater camera controls and how the p9 processes scenes, the screen temp of the p9, using the fingerprint sensor to pull down notifications, knock for screen shot, my notification icons being mini app Icons in colour (...Silly know, I've just gotten used to it) and the size of the p9 is lovely... It's that bit smaller in hand so one handed use is never a reach and its smaller in my pocket. It also doesn't feel like the moto is really that much slimmer for all the "worlds thinnest phone" stuff... And the camera bump...

All that space at the bottom of the moto z screen for the fingerprint sensor does seem like a waste of space and not is it slippery in hand wth just the style shell on.

Decisions, decisions....as I say I want the Huawei p9 form factor + Sony Xz camera sensor (but Huawei's camera app/controls) and waterproofing + all the moto gesture and always on notifications and moto turbo charging ... Not that I'm fussy!
    10-22-2016 03:48 AM