I made a new bumper case

heath patrick

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Well sort-of!

I picked up the Verizon bumper and just didn't like it too much. It fit tight but was too loose for me around the edges on the long sides(it would pull away from the phone too easy). SO... I had a Supcase UB Pro that I was not using and got to thinking(dangerous!). Anyway the UB Pro has a front plastic piece that snaps on the phone from the front then the rubbery back wraps around the front and makes the case. I cut out the back and super glued the rubber to the plastic and now have a much better bumper case with a Holster(must have for me) that allows MOTO mods to be used and swapped without removing the bumper.

bytheriver

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: New bumper case

Well, I bought that Verizon bumper case and I seriously cannot get it on.... I feel like I'm going to damage the phone. With the corners being thicker how on earth did you get it on? Feels like there's no give

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

Well, I bought that Verizon bumper case and I seriously cannot get it on.... I feel like I'm going to damage the phone. With the corners being thicker how on earth did you get it on? Feels like there's no give
It's more like you put the phone in the case than the case on the phone if that makes sense, back side first.

bytheriver

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site

I will try again tomorrow, my nerves are fried....why haven't others case makers thought of just making a bumper? I understand they can't create a case for ech mod added on, even moto...why not an oem bumper?

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site

with the case in front of the phone, set the base of the phone into the bottom of the case. Snap one top corner on, then run your thumbs along the side & top toward the last corner until it snaps on. It's a tight fit, but not super hard with the right approach.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon