Now that some people have had it for awhile how is everything? Battery life, call quality ,just everything in general?
    11-14-2016 04:14 AM
    I've had mine for 2 weeks already.

So far, I am quite happy with it. Performance was snappy and on-point almost every time, battery life was lean but it did manage to last me through the day (although it did require me to adjust my usage pattern on the fly) and Motorola radios are pretty strong in my experience, so I was able to get a decent signal with solid call quality across different countries and carriers. The camera, though, is good but for $699, isn't quite in the level of "great", where the Galaxy S7, iPhone 7, Pixel and other phones live.

The interesting thing is that mine is the unlocked model, which works on AT&T, T-Mobile and other GSM networks. Compared to the Verizon-exclusive Z Droid Edition, the processor is clocked sliightly lower at 1.82GHz, compared to 2.15GHz on the Droid and supports up to Category 6 LTE, compared to Category 9 LTE on the Droid.
    11-14-2016 07:37 AM
    That's interesting I wonder why they did that.. perhaps its a battery life issue on the gsm networks . I don't need a crazy fast phone just a solid phone that works and doesn't stutter and freeze up lije this darn Samsung does
    11-14-2016 09:51 AM
    I sure like mine. The battery is good, considering the size of the phone and the battery. I have the mod to supplement the battery when needed, but I usually make it through the day without needing it. The signal on the one I have now is fine. Call quality is about average. Unfortunately, like other unlocked phones, AT&T does not allow it to have HD Voice (Voice over LTE). The phone is as quick as any I have had and it is smooth. The screen is great. My experience with the camera has been very good. Also, I did only pay $550 for mine and for that amount it is hard to beat. Ambient Display is great, the fingerprint reader works great and is in the perfect location. It also allows you to lock the phone by covering the fingerprint reader.

As mentioned in the other thread, the only things that concern me are updates and support. I am still on the July 1 security update and Moto support is terrible. I think they are updating the Droid versions on a more regular basis than the unlocked version which is frustrating.
    11-14-2016 10:24 AM
    Right! I agree the phone is great just received it tonight. So far so good! I've always been a fan of Motorola software. Mine is still on the July security as well. Sounds like nougat is coming soon from what I've read so maybe it will get a little better after that. Signal has been really good so far for me. So we will see how it does for a few days.
    11-14-2016 08:52 PM
    That's interesting I wonder why they did that.. perhaps its a battery life issue on the gsm networks . I don't need a crazy fast phone just a solid phone that works and doesn't stutter and freeze up lije this darn Samsung does
    Likely to do with efficiency.

I don't mind the slightly lower clockspeed. It's still fast and snappy.
    11-15-2016 08:37 AM
    I love the phone. Had a S7E and I prefer the thinner body and the battery has been good. Plus the deals they are having at BB are awesome!
    11-18-2016 11:31 PM
    I've had mine for 2 weeks already.

So far, I am quite happy with it. Performance was snappy and on-point almost every time, battery life was lean but it did manage to last me through the day (although it did require me to adjust my usage pattern on the fly) and Motorola radios are pretty strong in my experience, so I was able to get a decent signal with solid call quality across different countries and carriers. The camera, though, is good but for $699, isn't quite in the level of "great", where the Galaxy S7, iPhone 7, Pixel and other phones live.

The interesting thing is that mine is the unlocked model, which works on AT&T, T-Mobile and other GSM networks. Compared to the Verizon-exclusive Z Droid Edition, the processor is clocked sliightly lower at 1.82GHz, compared to 2.15GHz on the Droid and supports up to Category 6 LTE, compared to Category 9 LTE on the Droid.
    I bought an unlocked Moto Z from clove. I didn't know the processor was clocked lower. Despite this the Z feels a lot smoother than the HTC 10. On one hand I think the Z price is good. It's better performance than more expensive phones, great software experience, great build. But then again you can get the Play for a fair bit cheaper which still has good performance and a lot better battery life. Regardless I feel the Z matches/out performs more expensive phones, so I'm satisfied with the price.

I just got a mi max to use as a small tablet/back up device. It's fine for a cheap tablet/back up phone, but it's certainly made me appreciate how well Motorola do software! I love that the UI is near stock, doesn't have a heap of gimmicky features and bloat, but has a few additions on top of stock that I actually use! Most skinned phones I'll try out the new features, think they are cool, then forget about them and never use again.
    11-19-2016 08:27 PM
    Loving mine, I was a note 7 refugee. Love the thinness of the phone. Battery life is great considering it's size, phone is snappy. I do miss the physical home button, but probably because I've had a Samsung for the last few years.... I do appreciate that the made the fingerprint scanner able to both unlock and lock the phone, that was smart.. Camera could be a little quicker to focus, I also wish I could remove the google search bar at the top of the screen...maybe there's a way but I haven't found it yet..
    11-19-2016 08:38 PM