03-23-2017 02:38 PM
47 12
tools
    Yeah, this won't be taking great pics. Had the phone less than month, got in cyber Monday special. I take good care of my phones, never even cracked a screen since my Evo. Now this:

Note 4 lens is fine after more than a year, if we could see it through the Moto's scratched lens :/
    It takes OK photos, I'm sure will degrade very quickly, screen protectors on cam lens I'm sure will make blurry pics all the worse

12-18-2016 08:27 AM
    I bought a universal screen protector and roughly cut out a piece and attached it on the lens. Only had it on for a few days but no more scratches on the actual lens at least. Once it's been scratched I can simply cut a new piece and change it.
    nandha kumar3 and Bora777 like this.
    12-30-2016 09:30 AM
    I bought a universal screen protector and roughly cut out a piece and attached it on the lens. Only had it on for a few days but no more scratches on the actual lens at least. Once it's been scratched I can simply cut a new piece and change it.
    I have a nillkin brand lens protector on (it comes together with screen protector and back protector) and boy my picture quality becomes very blur. I ordered a dbrand camera skin, so hopefully it will at least protector the surroundings.
    12-31-2016 10:53 PM
    My camera lens is getting worse every day Just look .
    This photo was shot by 2 year old Moto Nexus 6
    And this was shot from 2 month old Moto z
    The lens is getting scratched up every day and photos are all blurry. By the way Nexus 6 doesn't exactly have the greatest camera but compared to blurry Moto z it is much better
    01-03-2017 09:02 AM
    Now I'm starting to think Motorola intentionally made it very scratchable in order to sell the Hasselblad camera mod.
    Patrik Amundsen likes this.
    01-03-2017 09:07 AM
    Now I'm starting to think Motorola intentionally made it very scratchable in order to sell the Hasselblad camera mod.
    I'd be more inclined to think that it was either saving money on sapphire glass, or (more likely?) they couldn't get enough sapphire glass because other companies (Apple, Samsung) buy so much of it for their phones.

Shame on Motorola for not telling users that the camera outer lens is so scratchable, though.
    01-03-2017 12:06 PM
    Hey, could you post the pictures and link as to how they look?
    Would be really helpful,
    Thanks
    01-03-2017 01:26 PM
    Do you keep style shell or case on the phone?
    Use camera screen protector.or get normal screen protector from shop cut it to the size as required and stick on it. It helps to avoid direct damage to the glass
    01-04-2017 11:29 PM
    I have a nillkin brand lens protector on (it comes together with screen protector and back protector) and boy my picture quality becomes very blur. I ordered a dbrand camera skin, so hopefully it will at least protector the surroundings.
    This is how I did it. I first put it over the flash as well but that turned out bad since the light from the lens travelled through the whole screen protector. Like this, the photos are as when the phone was new. You can't see the scratches on the screen from this angled though, took the photo standing in front of a mirror.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qjb3ykp0yccymfi/IMG_20170106_143456472.jpg?dl=0
    01-06-2017 07:40 AM
    Clearly Motorola used two different materials at one time or another. It seems like people are getting one extreme or the other; either lots of scratches or no scratches.
    01-10-2017 10:36 AM
    So my Dbrand camera lens skin arrived the other day, although by then I'd already applied a basic screen protector that I cut to size myself. I put the skin on anyway, which I now kinda regret ordering because it makes it very difficult to wipe the tiny lens hole of smudges properly, whereas having the whole thing covered by a simple protector made it very easy to clean. Also, without my self-cut layer, the camera itself would actually still be unprotected anyway.

In any case, this is what it looks like now, if anyone's thinking of ordering one. Notice how much dust has gathered around the edges. It also appears thicker than it is because of the other protector under it.
    Moto z camera lens scratch-p1120834.jpg
    01-12-2017 03:38 AM
    MIne's been in an otterbox case since day two. no scratches, but I also keep mine in belt case so that might help.

I read on another forum about someone shattering the camera lens when it dropped, so sound like glass; maybe cheap glass.
    02-08-2017 04:02 PM
    Really weird that people other get lots of scratches (and immediately after buying phone), or no scratches at all, ever. I said it before, but I will say it again. Clearly they used to different materials when they made these phones. Potentially two different factories? Or is it an age issue, where they simply changed the material they used? Interesting nonetheless.
    02-10-2017 06:29 AM
    Order a 3/4" paper hold cutter (Amazon and Hobby lobby carries them), get a regular screen protector (non-glass) and cut quite a few out of the sheet. Then cut off the bottom where the LEDs are and apply.
    02-11-2017 02:49 PM
    The same, I thought I was alone in the world jaaj, moto z play, yes, At the first week since I got it, I noticed few "soft" scratches around the "glass" (i think is acrilyc) very very easly get scratched, I have a rugged case that cover the rounded camera cover, only the normal use to get into your pockets and out, that's it, until today I've been looking up on you tube of how to replace it and nothibg, I found on Aliexpress an unofficial replacement glass, but I hope that to replace we don't need to take off the back cover...
    02-16-2017 12:18 AM
    Definely not, I had used a lot of smartphones before this and is the first time I notice this issue, only taking in and out the pocket, I used the rugged case for moto z olay since the first day
    02-16-2017 12:25 AM
    5 unids para motorola moto z/z force/z juego droid cámara de Película de Vidrio Protector de Pantalla CAPAS Cámara Trasera Película Protectora etiqueta
    5pcs For Motorola Moto Z/ Z Force/ Z Play Droid Camera Glass Film Screen Protector CAPAS Back Camera Protective Film Sticker-in Screen Protectors from Phones & Telecommunications on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
    (from AliExpress Android)
    BeyondtheTech and fabjazz like this.
    02-16-2017 12:29 AM
    My force is also pretty scratched up and I've been scanning the internet for protective films for the lense.
    02-19-2017 06:23 PM
    I have the force and it is scratched up too, even though I used spiegen case and Moto mod backs. Never been dropped or anything only been in my pocket.
    02-19-2017 06:24 PM
    Definely not, I had used a lot of smartphones before this and is the first time I notice this issue, only taking in and out the pocket, I used the rugged case for moto z olay since the first day
    Ordered my camera lense protector of dbrand for $1.60 shipped today.
    02-19-2017 06:36 PM
    Yes, mine too. Always have case with raised sides. Never ever had this issue with Samsung. Phone in pocket with loose change has ruined it. Very upset at this. Won't go into speaker crackling issue.
    02-26-2017 10:44 AM
    Hello !

i just bought on eBay a moto z force unlocked, and the first thing noticed it was the lens completly scratched...
    But I remember one thing, it's a Sony camera ane for almost all Sony cameras, there is a big problem with scratches. In fact it is an UV protection additive, and when you sweat in your pocket or just with keys, the lens become dirty.

One solution that worked for me is to take toothpaste and q-tip and to scrub it for an hour..
    This lens is very big !! The problem is you must do it for the center and also the left side, because of the laser focus which is at the extreme left of the lens... So good luck !!

After that you'll have a very clean lens bright as cristal

What I have done after is to cut a screenguard 3h ultra clear with UV protection and Put it on it. Voilà ! My lens is like new !

This technic comes from Sony z3 users, same problem with same manufacturer... After years ! It is a shame, my Nokia 808 has a true glass and no problem after 3 years !

Thank you @Killerprime for the link, I have just bought one one aliexpress.

P.S.: sorry for my English, I am French
    03-23-2017 02:38 PM
47 12