Double tap home shortcut with Launcher3?

wonderbread

Jan 10, 2010
Visit site
The old Turbo had great feature where you could map a double tap of the home button to your app of choice. I found this very useful to map to Google maps to return to navigation after using other apps.

This doesn't seem to be an available option in accessibility settings anymore. Any way to get this feature back? Preferably without abandoning ASOP launcher3?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
The old Turbo had great feature where you could map a double tap of the home button to your app of choice. I found this very useful to map to Google maps to return to navigation after using other apps.

This doesn't seem to be an available option in accessibility settings anymore. Any way to get this feature back? Preferably without abandoning ASOP launcher3?
I'm not entirely sure, but that may have been a Droid Turbo feature and not something that is available with the Moto Z Droid. If you are using a third-party launcher, which is seems like you are, then for sure the feature may not be enabled unless the launcher has a similar/same feature.

wonderbread

Jan 10, 2010
Visit site
Nah, the stock launcher for Moto Z (at least Droid) is the ASOP Launcher3. There's a lunacher called Home2 that has the features I'm looking for but there are undesireable trade-offs. Was hoping to find a hack that would allow those style shortcuts to work in the stock Z launcher or Google Now Launcher.