02-17-2017 06:30 AM
35 12
tools
    I think the battery life of the Play is more attributable to its efficient processor fwiw.
    12-23-2016 09:55 PM
    I can only second what most people here are saying. I had to choose between the Z or the Z Play (Force not available in my country). After weighing up all the pros and cons I went with the Play.

The fact that the specs are only mid-range put me off at first, but everybody said that those specs gave an experience thats virtually identical to the Z (games being about the only thing that might suffer slightly, but I'm not a gamer so no problem for me). Screen resolution doesn't bother me either. Camera quality on the Play is fine for me. Then of course there's the fact that the Play has stellar battery life and the Z has mediocre battery life. So taking all of that into account I saw no reason to purchase the more expensive Z. The Play is in some respects a better phone than the Z - or at least on a par with it, and yet cheaper!

It was a no brainier for me in the end.
    12-24-2016 09:11 AM
    I think the battery life of the Play is more attributable to its efficient processor fwiw.
    Efficient processor, screen resolution, near stock Android etc. They all help to give this phone it's superior battery life. But yes, I think the 625 seems to be a particularly battery friendly processor. Add to that the fact that it gives performance (in the Z Play at least) comparable to the 820 in most respects, then this seems like an impressive processor Snapdragon have produced. Exactly the sort of thing that was needed in my opinion. Flagship performance for a mid-range price, who can argue with that?
    12-24-2016 09:41 AM
    More efficient processor that only has to push a 1080 screen vs. 1440.

Only reason I have a Moto Z Droid is because it was $120 at Best Buy.
    benjamminh likes this.
    12-24-2016 11:37 AM
    Totally agree with this. I'd be fine if all phones went back to 1080p displays. The screens would still look great and battery life would be greatly improved.
    Or they could just include a feature where you can change the resolution of the screen, like Samsung is doing with their Galaxy S7 Nougat update.
    benjamminh likes this.
    12-28-2016 10:25 AM
    I never used the battery mod on my Moto Z, but then I got Daydream VR...... Lol.

Now I have to, because it drinks battery and turns my phone into a toaster. It's pretty cool though.
    12-28-2016 09:44 PM
    I use the battery mod all the time. It's the reason I purchased the Moto Z. But I use the Incipio non-wireless charging battery mod which is a little lighter which makes it feel just right to hold.
    12-29-2016 01:25 AM
    Reading this post has made me rethink.. Today I found a Moto Z for sale used for $325. Like new condition and comes with the Incipio battery mod. I currently have a Moto X pure edition. How is this phone going to compare to what I have? I would just leave the battery mod on all the time. How much time would this give me per day?
    02-15-2017 07:23 PM
    Reading this post has made me rethink.. Today I found a Moto Z for sale used for $325. Like new condition and comes with the Incipio battery mod. I currently have a Moto X pure edition. How is this phone going to compare to what I have? I would just leave the battery mod on all the time. How much time would this give me per day?
    Not sure about actual time, but to give you an idea I use my phone regularly throughout the day and when I put it on charger before bed it generally has about 50% left on battery mod and 80% in internal battery using efficiency mode. Another way to put it: you won't be disappointed!!
    mattress74 likes this.
    02-16-2017 01:28 PM
    I'm coming from my last 3 phones being Moto X's. Has all the features you'd want to bring over from those phones. You'll love it.
    02-17-2017 06:30 AM
35 12