How many of you use the battery mod all most exclusively?

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I can tell the difference between my wife's Play and my Force side by side but otherwise I'd be happy with the Play screen.
Yeah I figured it might be a little difference but only if side by side. I will say I prefer the higher resolution if I can get it. I would have kept the Z if I didn't have to keep the mod battery on most of the time. I tried to not use it but the battery was below 50 percent before I knew it. I guess since I originally had the Force and loved it that the Z was just too thin and slim too. I just couldn't get past those two things. I think I'm going to go head and grab the Play so I'll now have had all three. I'm interested to see how the play compares to both the Force and reg Z.

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I figured it might be a little difference but only if side by side. I will say I prefer the higher resolution if I can get it. I would have kept the Z if I didn't have to keep the mod battery on most of the time. I tried to not use it but the battery was below 50 percent before I knew it. I guess since I originally had the Force and loved it that the Z was just too thin and slim too. I just couldn't get past those two things. I think I'm going to go head and grab the Play so I'll now have had all three. I'm interested to see how the play compares to both the Force and reg Z.

I understand wanting the extra resolution where possible, that's for sure. But the Z Play probably wouldn't get the epic battery life it does with the Force's screen resolution.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I have wished for the last few years that Motorola resisted the spec wars and just shipped good old 1080p displays for the last three model years. All of these phones - Turbo, T2, Z/Z Force (as well as the X2, X Pure) would have much better battery life and easily more than good enough displays.

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I have wished for the last few years that Motorola resisted the spec wars and just shipped good old 1080p displays for the last three model years. All of these phones - Turbo, T2, Z/Z Force (as well as the X2, X Pure) would have much better battery life and easily more than good enough displays.

Totally agree with this. I'd be fine if all phones went back to 1080p displays. The screens would still look great and battery life would be greatly improved.

nickname303

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
I can only second what most people here are saying. I had to choose between the Z or the Z Play (Force not available in my country). After weighing up all the pros and cons I went with the Play.

The fact that the specs are only mid-range put me off at first, but everybody said that those specs gave an experience thats virtually identical to the Z (games being about the only thing that might suffer slightly, but I'm not a gamer so no problem for me). Screen resolution doesn't bother me either. Camera quality on the Play is fine for me. Then of course there's the fact that the Play has stellar battery life and the Z has mediocre battery life. So taking all of that into account I saw no reason to purchase the more expensive Z. The Play is in some respects a better phone than the Z - or at least on a par with it, and yet cheaper!

It was a no brainier for me in the end.

nickname303

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
I think the battery life of the Play is more attributable to its efficient processor fwiw.

Efficient processor, screen resolution, near stock Android etc. They all help to give this phone it's superior battery life. But yes, I think the 625 seems to be a particularly battery friendly processor. Add to that the fact that it gives performance (in the Z Play at least) comparable to the 820 in most respects, then this seems like an impressive processor Snapdragon have produced. Exactly the sort of thing that was needed in my opinion. Flagship performance for a mid-range price, who can argue with that?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I think the battery life of the Play is more attributable to its efficient processor fwiw.

More efficient processor that only has to push a 1080 screen vs. 1440.

Only reason I have a Moto Z Droid is because it was $120 at Best Buy.

stefanorickeets

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Totally agree with this. I'd be fine if all phones went back to 1080p displays. The screens would still look great and battery life would be greatly improved.

Or they could just include a feature where you can change the resolution of the screen, like Samsung is doing with their Galaxy S7 Nougat update.

GibMcFragger

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I never used the battery mod on my Moto Z, but then I got Daydream VR...... Lol.

Now I have to, because it drinks battery and turns my phone into a toaster. It's pretty cool though.

turbochgd

Oct 18, 2016
Visit site
I use the battery mod all the time. It's the reason I purchased the Moto Z. But I use the Incipio non-wireless charging battery mod which is a little lighter which makes it feel just right to hold.

mattress74

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Reading this post has made me rethink.. Today I found a Moto Z for sale used for $325. Like new condition and comes with the Incipio battery mod. I currently have a Moto X pure edition. How is this phone going to compare to what I have? I would just leave the battery mod on all the time. How much time would this give me per day?

turbochgd

Oct 18, 2016
Visit site
Reading this post has made me rethink.. Today I found a Moto Z for sale used for $325. Like new condition and comes with the Incipio battery mod. I currently have a Moto X pure edition. How is this phone going to compare to what I have? I would just leave the battery mod on all the time. How much time would this give me per day?

Not sure about actual time, but to give you an idea I use my phone regularly throughout the day and when I put it on charger before bed it generally has about 50% left on battery mod and 80% in internal battery using efficiency mode. Another way to put it: you won't be disappointed!!

markabele

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm coming from my last 3 phones being Moto X's. Has all the features you'd want to bring over from those phones. You'll love it.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante