Qi Wireless receiver

Tim Owen

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone fitted a qi wireless receiver to the back of a Moto z and then placed the Moto shell on to cover it? Just wondering if it will work or do the magnetic connectors and qi receiver stop the shell from connecting to the phone?

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
You're thinking something like this, hidden behind the style shell?

61kEDgsHhPL._SL1000_.jpg

https://smile.amazon.com/Wireless-C...=UTF8&qid=1484421683&sr=8-1&keywords=usb-c+qi

It would be interesting to try, but I haven't seen/heard of anyone trying it yet.

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I think a setup with qi charging and a thin back style mod would sell. Or a qi charging back thin enough to work with most cases would sell. I use an Otter box defender and a Cimo Tpu case.
Would love to be able to charge wirelessly.

Tim Owen

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
Other than cost...any reason you are not wanting the wireless battery mod?
If I need a bigger battery, thicker, heavier phone would consider the play and still have the same question (also posted question in the play forum 😀)

My new year's resolution... Try to be more practical.

markabele

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Not much more practical then a bigger overall battery (using the batt mod) that wireless charges as well. fwiw it's about the same thickness and weight with the batt mod on as the phone I came from...moto x pure

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Exactly like that, just wondering how the magnets would work as that is where the cable on the receiver sits.

I don't think there are any magnets in the back of the phone, only in the mods, so it shouldn't interfere if you were to use something like a TPU case with this, instead of a style shell.

kach474

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
FYI I just bought the wireless pad and USBC connector. I'll see how it works with the included shell. I'll let you know how it goes.

kach474

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Does not work. The cable that attaches to the USB C sits right over the main pin on the mod. won't snap on. I did hold it together and put it on the charger. It charged through the style mod but the style mod won't attach with out cutting a hole through the cable. wouldn't trust that.