Moto Z downloads not showing in Google photos

accustomfigures

Jan 5, 2017
Visit site
Hello all! I just got a new Moto Z yesterday, up from the Moto G. On my Moto G I could download pics from emails and the internet and they would automatically appear in my Device Folders in the Google Photos app. However, with my new Moto Z, when I go to Device Folders Downloads does not appear. The only way I can see the pics that I've downloaded from emails and the internet is to go to the Download app. I discovered this when I realized Instagram couldn't see my downloaded pics. I hope this isn't too confusing. Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

AC

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Use a file manager app to look at the actual Download directory (rather than using the Downloads app). Do you see the image files there? If so, then see if there is also a ".nomedia" file in that directory as well -- if there is, then delete it.

kennethpm777

May 15, 2012
Visit site
on my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, it had a gallery app that listed all the folders on my micro sd card, with the pictures as I organized them, all in neat little folders.
NOW, with Google Photos the ONLY default way to view photos on the Moto Z Droid, I can't find those folders anymore using google photos, and thus,, I am having trouble locating my photos on the SD card in the wonderful folders I had set up.
Any thoughts on this?
Thanks

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
on my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, it had a gallery app that listed all the folders on my micro sd card, with the pictures as I organized them, all in neat little folders.
NOW, with Google Photos the ONLY default way to view photos on the Moto Z Droid, I can't find those folders anymore using google photos, and thus,, I am having trouble locating my photos on the SD card in the wonderful folders I had set up.
Any thoughts on this?
Thanks

Menu > Device Folders

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech