Hello all! I just got a new Moto Z yesterday, up from the Moto G. On my Moto G I could download pics from emails and the internet and they would automatically appear in my Device Folders in the Google Photos app. However, with my new Moto Z, when I go to Device Folders Downloads does not appear. The only way I can see the pics that I've downloaded from emails and the internet is to go to the Download app. I discovered this when I realized Instagram couldn't see my downloaded pics. I hope this isn't too confusing. Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

AC
    01-05-2017 12:22 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Use a file manager app to look at the actual Download directory (rather than using the Downloads app). Do you see the image files there? If so, then see if there is also a ".nomedia" file in that directory as well -- if there is, then delete it.
    01-05-2017 05:10 PM
    on my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, it had a gallery app that listed all the folders on my micro sd card, with the pictures as I organized them, all in neat little folders.
    NOW, with Google Photos the ONLY default way to view photos on the Moto Z Droid, I can't find those folders anymore using google photos, and thus,, I am having trouble locating my photos on the SD card in the wonderful folders I had set up.
    Any thoughts on this?
    Thanks
    01-26-2017 03:44 PM
    on my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, it had a gallery app that listed all the folders on my micro sd card, with the pictures as I organized them, all in neat little folders.
    NOW, with Google Photos the ONLY default way to view photos on the Moto Z Droid, I can't find those folders anymore using google photos, and thus,, I am having trouble locating my photos on the SD card in the wonderful folders I had set up.
    Any thoughts on this?
    Thanks
    Menu > Device Folders
    01-30-2017 02:38 PM