I'm getting a good deal on a new moto z for less than $400 Canadian. Should I buy this phone? Not a big fan of android. Had many android phones before but ended up going back to windows mobile.

How good is the voice assistance on moto z? That's one feature if it works well will tempt me to get this phone. Does ok google work all the time even when the phone is locked? Im on the road a lot so this is quite important to me.

Any input from moto z users would be appreciated.
    01-17-2017 10:43 AM
    If you get the Moto Mod car mount it will always launch drive mode, and allow OK Google to launch apps and do pretty much everything hands-free. I am a big fan of WM10, but navigation is what moved me over RIP Lumia 950. I went with the Moto Z play unlocked for the 2 day battery life, but the Z is thin and pretty, was tempted by it before pulling the trigger on the Z Play. Anyways let me know if you have questions!
    01-17-2017 11:41 AM
    If you get the Moto Mod car mount it will always launch drive mode, and allow OK Google to launch apps and do pretty much everything hands-free. I am a big fan of WM10, but navigation is what moved me over RIP Lumia 950. I went with the Moto Z play unlocked for the 2 day battery life, but the Z is thin and pretty, was tempted by it before pulling the trigger on the Z Play. Anyways let me know if you have questions!
    Thanks for your feedback. Where did you get the moto mod car mount? How well it responds to ok google voice command? When id the dtek60 even in drive mode the ok google voice didnt always work when the display is off. With Lumia 950 it almost never responds to voice command when the screen is off. In general how are you liking the phone? Anything I should be aware of before buying it?

Sent from mTalk
    01-17-2017 11:45 AM
    I went to a local Verizon store to get the moto mod mount, as it is only available online (Motorola) or in Verizon stores (dang exclusives). It responds much better then the L950 did using the same Bluetooth and car. The thing the mount does is allows the screen to always stay on, and it has a built in 15W USB C port and audio jack so it allows me to just pop off my wood back and boom drive mode enabled Bluetooth going and charging. This leaves a pretty slick Android Auto interface to play with or use "OK Google" to navigate also Amazon music, Pandora, and many others have app support for Android auto so their interface gets the nice large Android auto experience.

All in all I really enjoy the phone again I went with the Moto Z Play, not the Z (as I wanted 2-3 day battery life) it performs much quicker then my L950 and actually doesn't lose GPS signal while in Nav mode. Only thing I would say is get a Nylon or Leather moto back if you don't like the wood look, as the glass is a fingerprint magnet and not sure it is Gorilla glass (think iPhone 4).

Hope this helps if you need pic or something let me know!
    01-17-2017 01:10 PM
    Sorry for double post site refreshed and thought it removed the previous one.
    01-17-2017 01:18 PM