Moto Z possibly coming to more carriers

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
https://www.cnet.com/news/motorola-phones-moto-z-motomods-mission-lenovo-mwc-2017/

He plans to reinvigorate the staid brand with its most forward-looking product: the Moto Z, a phone that embraces a modular concept with swappable Moto Mods that let users add capabilities like a projector or extra battery. He vowed to expand distribution, meaning the Moto Z will come to more carriers in the US.

"The Mod system is definitely a differentiator, but to reach a larger customer base, Mods cannot be the primary reason to buy," said Avi Greengart, an analyst at Current Analysis.

Being able to buy the phone helps. De Lencquesaing vowed to expand distribution, which means its flagship phone won't just be sold at Verizon. He also promised to a lot louder.

"We're spending a fair bit of money branding ourselves," he said. When asked how much, he replied, "More than enough."

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
My dream is that the next gen Moto Z follows the Pixel's lead.

Unlocked, but no additional carrier bloat (Verizon app vs. pre-loaded third-party apps) but available from Verizon.

BeyondtheTech

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I really wish T-Mobile would pick up the Moto Z line. The unlocked GSM model works great, has Band 12, but it's missing T-Mobile Wi-Fi Calling, so they'd need to work with Moto to get that implemented at the OS level. I'd also probably do EIPs to get all the mods, too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt