how do I maximize wifi speed

SSmaster

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I just got a gigabit connection, and my 2x2 mimo laptop is able to get close to 600mbps down and up on wifi, but my phone struggles to even pass 200 (with a link speed of 867). What are the maximum that you guys are seeing, and do you have an tips or settings to achieve that? My sisters' iPhone is able to get over 500mbps down, so my Moto Z should be able to as well.

Even my old LG G4 which has a link speed of 433 can download 270+ with no sweat.

Last edited:

TFBisquit

Apr 23, 2017
Visit site
My iPhone 6 plus does 100Mbps on 5ghz wifi, and my s8+ does 165Mbs .
On a 200/20 line. Wired PC has no problem downloading 200Mbps.
Once did 178Mbps down on my T-Mobile bundle, but that was in a quiet area. Probably an antenna close by also.

smvim

May 16, 2014
Visit site
There are a lot of variables involved, especially when it comes to WiFi. Wireless connectivity just cannot be looked at in the same way as wired connectivity. Wireless signal strength can vary because of dozens of reasons that are affected by any number of situations -- coverage range of your router's wireless signal, channel interference, noise floor, latency issues, plus keep in mind the antenna inside your phone is only a short wire running along the inside. I wouldn't focus too much on disparity of numbers between all your different gadgets and things, as WiFi itself is such a big variable. Your Mbps numbers all look to be pretty healthy as is. Another thing to take into consideration is if you live in a household where multiple residents will be watching their own hi-res video streams, depending on the time of day the available bandwidth numbers will be bouncing all over the place.