Moto Z - non slip mods friendly BUMPER or CASE in Europe?

almalino

May 25, 2017
Visit site
I just bought Moto Z and it great but very slippery. I want a non slip rubber/silicone bumper for it. I heard one is Verizon but it is not sold in Europe. Any suggestions?

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
Thanks Ry! I guess their version of compatible is way different than most folks. Maybe the OP can find a Verizon brand bumper case on E Bay, Amazon or some other Internet site? My wife and I both use the Verizon brand bumper case (Z Force and Z Play) and they are definitely MotoMod compatible and friendly.

almalino

May 25, 2017
Visit site
Thank you for suggestion. I ordered Incipio case. I do not care that it is difficult to change mod with it. I am happy that I can install mod and then case and case even provides more secure way to hold the mod.

almalino

May 25, 2017
Visit site
I received the Incipio Bumper case and after using it for an hour I like it. It is better than original plastic bumper case shipped with the phone. It has better grip though I expected it to be more rubberized then it actually is. It has very good buttons over small Moto Z volume and power buttons that FINALLY make Moto Z buttons usable! This alone makes this case a good choice.

I have not tried the mod with any Moto Mods yet because I have no mods yet. I ordered Incipio Wireless battery mod but it out of stcok and probably I will receive it in September.

Fubie

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I have the Mophie Juice Pack battery mods attached as well as Incipio Bumper cases on all my families Moto Z's. They work well together but the case buttons breaking off can be a problem with normal use. A smaller issue is the clear coat sloughing off on the edges of the bumper.

almalino

May 25, 2017
Visit site
I used the bumper during my vacation when I was building my summer cottage. So the bumper and a phone was used in quite rough conditions. It worked well :) Indeed the outer of the bumper started to pill off after 2 months usage period but it does not look bad. It loks good. One problem I noticed though. The case buttons are extremely sensitive that is a good thing but also a bad thing as phone can be unintentionally switched off if you pu**** into very tight pocket and button start pressing by accident.

brianchris

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I have been using the very similar Incipio Bumper with my Moto Z Force for about a year now. I have really liked it, but I have had these problems with it: 1) I have had the "clear coat sloughing off on the edges" as well. 2) After about 10 months, the rubber nub of the bumper case finally broke off.....I am guessing that was caused by a combination of frequent use of that button, plus me putting it in and out of my jeans' pocket (likely) a thousand or two times over that 10 months (those rubber button cover *do* protrude from the bumper case some), and probably most importantly, 3) I had recently begun to suspect that having this bumper case on my smartphone was *degrading* both WiFi and cellular signal performance.....so yesterday I used the phone with the bumper case off (which made me nervous about dropping it, because the phone is VERY slippery), BUT the wireless performance *did* seem much better! The problem is, however, there really aren't many alternatives when it comes to bumper cases for these Moto Z line of smartphones :(