Anyone planning to get one?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm curious just how much better battery life will be on the Z Play than the Z Force.
Mr mobile mentioned that the Moto z sometimes won't last a day whereas the Moto z play got him through the day with about half battery life left.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Mr mobile mentioned that the Moto z sometimes won't last a day whereas the Moto z play got him through the day with about half battery life left.

Which is similar to the Z vs Z Force. I would guess similar battery life between the Play and Force, with a slight advantage to the Play for its lower resolution display and lower power processor.

A marketing email from Moto I got today promoting the Play touted "up to 50 hours battery life". On Moto's website for the Force they claim "up to 40 hour battery". So if real life lines up with marketing, about 20% longer battery life vs the Force? That's a heckuva battery!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Which is similar to the Z vs Z Force. I would guess similar battery life between the Play and Force, with a slight advantage to the Play for its lower resolution display and lower power processor.

A marketing email from Moto I got today promoting the Play touted "up to 50 hours battery life". On Moto's website for the Force they claim "up to 40 hour battery". So if real life lines up with marketing, about 20% longer battery life vs the Force? That's a heckuva battery!
40 to 50 is a 25% increase. Which is a lot, for the same size battery.

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
40 to 50 is a 25% increase. Which is a lot, for the same size battery.

I'm assuming it's mainly because of two factors - lower resolution screen and lower power CPU on the Z Play vs. the Z FORCE. Plus, isn't the Z Play battery just a wee bit larger? (Edit - Next time I'll read the entire thread before posting as I see YAY already mentioned these factors.)

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm assuming it's mainly because of two factors - lower resolution screen and lower power CPU on the Z Play vs. the Z FORCE. Plus, isn't the Z Play battery just a wee bit larger? (Edit - Next time I'll read the entire thread before posting as I see YAY already mentioned these factors.)
Yes, like 0.3% larger.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae