Now Available from Verizon

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
The Moto Z Play Droid is now available for $408 plus the outrageous $20 upgrade fee.

Verizon is gonna Verizon.

BotanicalStig

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
As someone who's still using a 2014 moto x, this phone seems like a nice upgrade. Shame Moto doesn't update their phones. I'm tempted by the battery and moto features I've become so used to... but... no thanks, Lenovo.

BotanicalStig

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Why is this a no for you?

Software support. Moto sells you what's on the shelf, and that's what you get, forever. I went to see the phone this morning, it's pretty nice, maybe a little awkward in the hand (I miss their slim bezels). I would have bought it if my Moto x had gotten some security updates along the way, or a Marshmallow update. It's not like they had 30 different flagships to support... they could have done better.

azdmelani

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Software support. Moto sells you what's on the shelf, and that's what you get, forever. I went to see the phone this morning, it's pretty nice, maybe a little awkward in the hand (I miss their slim bezels). I would have bought it if my Moto x had gotten some security updates along the way, or a Marshmallow update. It's not like they had 30 different flagships to support... they could have done better.
Fair enough. I'm hooked on the active display so I am giving this phone a shot in lieu of no Moto X this year. Not paying $700 for a phone, and won't pay subsidized to lose UDP.

azdmelani

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
And if you have any warranty issues you have to deal with Lenovo. I you buy at Verizon and add the protection, you deal with them and next day service.
I'm not sure if that's true. In the past as long as I have had the warranty protection on my phone plan and Verizon carries it, doesn't matter where I originally bought the phone.

Last edited:

anon(5002059)

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Not the same. If it a mechanical failure is covered under warranty, why would you go thru your insurance? That costs you a deductible. And why would I not want the configuration I paid for? You have to go to the manufacturer for warranty repairs. My Droid Turbo 2 developed the "green line" issue and Verizon would not handle the repair since I had not bought one of the pre configurations in the store, I had to deal with Lenovo myself. Had an issue years before with Moto X configured thru Moto maker, same deal.