Now Available from Verizon

anon(5002059)

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Fair enough. I'm hooked on the active display so I am giving this phone a shot in lieu of no Moto X this year. Not paying $700 for a phone, and won't pay subsidized to lose UDP.

I agree 100%. I think you will be happy with your choice. One thing is for sure. The battery life is insanely good.

anon(5002059)

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Fair enough. I'm hooked on the active display so I am giving this phone a shot in lieu of no Moto X this year. Not paying $700 for a phone, and won't pay subsidized to lose UDP.

Also, this is my first device with a FP sensor and it works extremely well and fast on the Play. Very glad I made this purchase.

anon(5002059)

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
As someone who's still using a 2014 moto x, this phone seems like a nice upgrade. Shame Moto doesn't update their phones. I'm tempted by the battery and moto features I've become so used to... but... no thanks, Lenovo.

You are missing out. For $400 this device is a huge upgrade from the 2014 X.

azdmelani

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Not the same. If it a mechanical failure is covered under warranty, why would you go thru your insurance? That costs you a deductible. And why would I not want the configuration I paid for? You have to go to the manufacturer for warranty repairs. My Droid Turbo 2 developed the "green line" issue and Verizon would not handle the repair since I had not bought one of the pre configurations in the store, I had to deal with Lenovo myself. Had an issue years before with Moto X configured thru Moto maker, same deal.
I'm not here to argue. Just pointing out that Verizon will honor the warranty/ insurance if you have it added to your line to help someone else that may be confused and reading this post. You can opt to take advantage of that or not. No big deal to me.

Open enrollment for the insurance is good until Thursday if you don't have it on your line already.

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I agree 100%. I think you will be happy with your choice. One thing is for sure. The battery life is insanely good.

I traded in my Force for the Play to save some money. The Force is an awesome phone with great battery life, but the Play's battery life is out of this world. I'm amazed. It destroys the battery life of even powerhouses like the original Droid Maxx and Turbo.

Bosgarage57

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I traded in my Force for the Play to save some money. The Force is an awesome phone with great battery life, but the Play's battery life is out of this world. I'm amazed. It destroys the battery life of even powerhouses like the original Droid Maxx and Turbo.
Maybe this will show manufactures most people don't need the largest processor, we would prefer battery life over some powerhouse. Plus we can add the battery mod as well.

anon(5002059)

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
I'm not here to argue. Just pointing out that Verizon will honor the warranty/ insurance if you have it added to your line to help someone else that may be confused and reading this post. You can opt to take advantage of that or not. No big deal to me.

Open enrollment for the insurance is good until Thursday if you don't have it on your line already.

Agreed. :) didn't mean to come across argumentative.

anon(5002059)

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Maybe this will show manufactures most people don't need the largest processor, we would prefer battery life over some powerhouse. Plus we can add the battery mod as well.

Motorola did this with the first Moto X.
That was scoffed by many because it also had a slower cpu than other flagships at the time. But it performed quite well and better than some with faster cpu's.

anon(5002059)

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
It's no wonder they held this phone back and released the two more expensive options first. I kinda feel the same way I did when I had my Moto X with the walnut back. I do love that twist of the wrist to start the camera. I probably will get that JBL mod for when I am sitting on the deck.
Would it be wrong to assume these were planned out before Lenovo took over with the amount of mods available?

huungryshark

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site

Exactly, that's why people should vote with their money. I just did :)

Never would've thought Samsung making the worst smartphone this year and Levono the Best.

Hilarious. Well done Moto.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Would it be wrong to assume these were planned out before Lenovo took over with the amount of mods available?

They started looking into the modular design during the later days of being owned by Google. The phone hardware is still very much Lenovo, but the concept goes back further.

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
The Z Play really is a compelling option, especially for the price compared to the regular Z. Better battery, better camera (it would appear), headphone jack, cheaper, versus thinner phone with higher res screen and a faster processor.

anon(5002059)

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
The Z Play really is a compelling option, especially for the price compared to the regular Z. Better battery, better camera (it would appear), headphone jack, cheaper, versus thinner phone with higher res screen and a faster processor.

Have not missed that faster cpu or higher res screen at all. I do like the three Ben Franklins that I got to keep. Until I got home :(