Now Available from Verizon

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Have not missed that faster cpu or higher res screen at all. I do like the three Ben Franklins that I got to keep. Until I got home :(
Only one extra Benjamin or so here plus the JBL speaker is worth it to me. Better camera, better processor, shattershield (means I'm not paying for insurance every month), (although some don't like that screen), more durable back, versus even better battery life plus headphone jack. You can't go wrong with either one.

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Only one extra Benjamin or so here plus the JBL speaker is worth it to me. Better camera, better processor, shattershield (means I'm not paying for insurance every month), (although some don't like that screen), more durable back, versus even better battery life plus headphone jack. You can't go wrong with either one.

Plus, it's a lot easier to self insure your phone when it costs $408 than when it costs $720.

azdmelani

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
So far I like the phone a lot, though I feel a bit bizarre carrying naked at the moment. I forgot my charger at home, so will see how long the battery lasts. So far at 91%, not too shabby

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I unplugged mine yesterday around noon once I got my apps downloaded. As of 9:30 this morning four hours screen on time and at 52%. Its almost too much battery lol.

Last edited:

anon(5002059)

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
I got 7 hours of screen time yesterday with 40% left to go before ending the day. I was on it all day, downloading a few gigs of music from Google Play, posting here, FB, installing apps and tweaking the phone, texting. I can honestly say I have never been as happy with a purchase as I am with this device so far ;)

ASD Dad

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
I got 7 hours of screen time yesterday with 40% left to go before ending the day. I was on it all day, downloading a few gigs of music from Google Play, posting here, FB, installing apps and tweaking the phone, texting. I can honestly say I have never been as happy with a purchase as I am with this device so far ;)

That is insane battery life. I am happy to see it is living up to manufacturers claims for once! I'm more than likely going to grab a Force with the Best Buy deal but if it doesnt work out the Play is definitely on my list of phones.

azdmelani

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
So far pretty at 75% with pretty heavy usage including Spotify.

I ran across the street to Verizon and got a USB to USB C converter to keep at work but trying to avoid using it.

dby2011

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
For those who have one how is the phones speaker? Is it loud (good enough to watch videos and hear Google maps while driving)? Also how is the headphone output?

honda1k

Dec 9, 2015
Visit site
For those who have one how is the phones speaker? Is it loud (good enough to watch videos and hear Google maps while driving)? Also how is the headphone output?

I'm interested into knowing also. How does the phone speaker compare to the turbo2

anon(5002059)

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Maybe the Turbo 2 has marginally better speakers. I just picked this up. Charging the battery. It will play as is but with the battery charged it says it is good for 10 hours. Works and sounds awesome. You can also charge both phone and speaker when attached to the phone if you were wondering.
cfcaadf2886ceccf3e1d0f697de43a34.jpg

Darius DuPree

Apr 11, 2016
Visit site
I'm leaning more and more to picking one of these up. I'm not a Verizon customer so I have to have a friend go get it for me. I've looked into it and it supports the AT&T bands used in my area (2,4, and awkwardly 5) using the LTE discovery app. I saw the preorder price for the unlocked version ($450) and the Z Play Droid seems like a better choice, plus I don't have to wait a month. The battery life alone makes this a cut above phones in the same price range and higher, because I absolutely hate having to worry about charging my phone while in a busy airport or if I'm just out in town.

Only reason why I'm on the fence is I'm using the 2 GBR/16 GBS G4 Plus as a place holder since my laggy G5 is uninsured and broken, but man is this G4 Plus awesome, the only things that would've made it the perfect phone would have been NFC and USB-C, but at $250 I won't complain since it runs my and games (Marvel Future Fight, Fallout Shelter, and Hitman Sniper) pretty smoothly to me and gets me through my work day without having to charge.